Page 1 of 2
Awesome.
And tragically underrated. The s/t is great.

I suppose the next step would be On the Seventh Day...?
Last edited by dminishedthingy at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by silversoulcage
Every type of metal with that style of singing is ****ing stupid.

Art is dead.

while i believe everyone should listen to what they want and such....i must say i agree. just my opinion tho
so what do you listen to silversoulcage? hair metal?
Quote by humperdunk

So I just woke up sitting in my desk chair, with my bong on the desk in a bunch of little pieces and my hand super glued to my penis. Speculations as to what the hell just happened and how to unglue my hand from my member would be appreciated.
Quote by Archetype00
so what do you listen to silversoulcage? hair metal?

ewww no haha. Hair metal is lame. Old school Metal is pretty ****ing cool..sometimes.

But I stand by what I said. Art=Dead.
Quote by silversoulcage

Art is dead.

this is ****ing hilarious. art is dead? do you know what art is, my friend? art isn't defined by quality, for that is subjective. the progression of art is done through originality, so to shun an entire genre and then say that art is dead is truly hilarious.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat
this is ****ing hilarious. art is dead? do you know what art is, my friend? art isn't defined by quality, for that is subjective. the progression of art is done through originality, so to shun an entire genre and then say that art is dead is truly hilarious.

While I can agree with you on the point that art isn't defined the quality. Art is supposed to make people think. And the only thing that entire "genre" makes me think about is blowing my own brains out.
Quote by silversoulcage
While I can agree with you on the point that art isn't defined the quality. Art is supposed to make people think. And the only thing that entire "genre" makes me think about is blowing my own brains out.

oddly enough, it wasn't made specifically for you. the point of art isn't to be pleasant. some of the best art is dark, unsettling and disturbing.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat
oddly enough, it wasn't made specifically for you. the point of art isn't to be pleasant. some of the best art is dark, unsettling and disturbing.

And I completely agree with you on that one again. Music and Art are all matters of opinion and personally I haven't heard anything that has much thought to in a very long time. But that's just my opinion and obviously I'm entitled to it.

Now I can give them their credit as musicians for doing what they do, but that specific genre really pushes my buttons.
Quote by silversoulcage
And I completely agree with you on that one again. Music and Art are all matters of opinion and personally I haven't heard anything that has much thought to in a very long time. But that's just my opinion and obviously I'm entitled to it.

Now I can give them their credit as musicians for doing what they do, but that specific genre really pushes my buttons.

it's fine for you to dislike it, but saying that it isn't music/art is simply wrong. which is precisely what you did in your first post.
Quote by The Evil Hat
it's fine for you to dislike it, but saying that it isn't music/art is simply wrong. which is precisely what you did in your first post.

Because in my opinion it isn't art. I'm sure some people have said the same about bands like The Who or Pink Floyd. Or people probably said the same thing about Van Goh.

Art is an opinion based on what you perceive. And I don't believe that to be art.

But my opinion isn't all encompassing I'm not God. So really my opinion means nothing. But I wanted to exercise my opinion...so I did.
Silversoulcage makes me laugh, as he is saying that art is dead when in fact Master (and all metal in general) is art. Art isn't subjective, it's a definitive.

Master is pretty damn good, and yes get On the Seventh Day... Dminished.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Silversoulcage makes me laugh, as he is saying that art is dead when in fact Master (and all metal in general) is art. Art isn't subjective, it's a definitive.

Master is pretty damn good, and yes get On the Seventh Day... Dminished.

In you're opinion.
Quote by silversoulcage
Because in my opinion it isn't art. I'm sure some people have said the same about bands like The Who or Pink Floyd. Or people probably said the same thing about Van Goh.

Art is an opinion based on what you perceive. And I don't believe that to be art.

But my opinion isn't all encompassing I'm not God. So really my opinion means nothing. But I wanted to exercise my opinion...so I did.

whether or not something is art ISN'T subjective. whether you like it or not is, but that doesn't change what it is.
Heathen is such a sick song. I only have "On the Seventh Day, God Created Master", what other albums should I get.

EDIT: I should report all the people talking about Hair Metal here, take it to the pop forum.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Last edited by MetalMessiah665 at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by The Evil Hat
whether or not something is art ISN'T subjective. whether you like it or not is, but that doesn't change what it is.

It's subjective pending on you're point of view. To be fair, I never said it wasn't music.
Quote by silversoulcage
It's subjective pending on you're point of view. To be fair, I never said it wasn't music.

but art = music. that's pretty much a definition. right now you're just nitpicking to try and cover up your earlier slip.
Quote by silversoulcage

Art is dead.

What's with the sudden influx of trolls in the metal forum? Can't you just leave so we can talk about metal without being bothered by pointless dull comments like this one?
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by silversoulcage
In you're opinion.

This sentence makes my eyes itch.

I don't have the effort today to argue, but ART IS A DEFINITIVE. If something is classified into music/movie/literature/etc it is known as art. That is not up to debate, it just is. For example: Stuff like "Dodgeball: The True Underdog Story" is the bane of the earth to me, but it is art by definition, so guess what? No one argues with it even though it's generally terrible.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by silversoulcage

Art is dead.
get an extension cord and hang yourself. Death Metal>you

Back on topic, Master's later stuff isn't up to the standard of their early works, which is a shame really.
Quote by The Evil Hat
but art = music. that's pretty much a definition. right now you're just nitpicking to try and cover up your earlier slip.

Music being Art is an opinion and opinions are subjective, that is a definition. I'm not nitpicking I'm trying to get a point across, it's hard when you don't listen to what I'm saying though.

Whatever I'm done since apparently I'm "Trolling"

Peace.
Quote by silversoulcage
Music being Art is an opinion and opinions are subjective, that is a definition. I'm not nitpicking I'm trying to get a point across, it's hard when you don't listen to what I'm saying though.

Whatever I'm done since apparently I'm "Trolling"

Peace.

...jesus christ. it's not an opinion. not everything is a ****ing opinion. quality is. classification isn't. it's music. music is art. it's art. there we go, was that so hard?
Quote by The Evil Hat

Actually music = art. Not all art is music, but all music is art.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Actually music = art. Not all art is music, but all music is art.

Quote by dminishedthingy
You have my permission to kastrate him Hat.
Messiah, get the s/t.

What is this!? Treason! *kastrates*

I know it won't do any good, it just makes me feel better.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by dminishedthingy
You have my permission to kastrate him Hat.
Messiah, get the s/t.

YAY!

*kastrates*
Quote by Stupor Mundi
Music is art, but not all of it.

Master, on the other hand, is definitely art.

...i'm not getting into this again.

*runs over* What, i'm a ****ing tank.
Quote by The Evil Hat
YAY!

*kastrates*

*NEKROBLASPHEMICKASTRATIONOVDEMONIAC*
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
*NEKROBLASPHEMICKASTRATIONOVDEMONIAC*

what? i had diminishedthingy's permission.
This necrokastration stuff is getting really, really old really, really quickly. No offense.

Master rule.
Quote by The Evil Hat
what? i had diminishedthingy's permission.

Is Diminished the Blasphemofukker General? No? I thought so. He may be the GOAT! But that does not give him permission to kastrate a Blasphemofukker General.
Quote by dminishedthingy

Quote by \Powerslave/

Quote by \Powerslave/

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
but i didn't kastrate you, i kastrated some random idiot.
Quote by The Evil Hat
but i didn't kastrate you, i kastrated some random idiot.

It's become the new MANLY, guys, let it drop.
Page 1 of 2