i am planning on building a 6 string bass this summer and looking through the forum and the internet at parts i have a few questions,

1- would a 6 string bass need two truss rods?
2- is their any place on the web where i can buy six string necks? i don't really want to make my own... (inexperience)

lastly does anyone have any suggestions or specific advice to building a 6 string bass?
Quote by party-corebass
i am planning on building a 6 string bass this summer and looking through the forum and the internet at parts i have a few questions,

1- would a 6 string bass need two truss rods?
2- is their any place on the web where i can buy six string necks? i don't really want to make my own... (inexperience)

lastly does anyone have any suggestions or specific advice to building a 6 string bass?

I don't know where you live, but where i live it's pretty rare to find a 6 string neck anywhere (even online/ebay/forums), currently on the look out myself. If you don't mind tight string spacing, i'd say buy a wide 5 string neck. Like the Squier Deluxe Jazz V. The nut spacing is 51 mm. I've seen many people turn these basses into 6 stringers. Limme find the link.

Squier 6 string

Sorry, that's the only advice I can give at the moment. I'm still learning about it myself.

Take care.
thanks thats probably the easiest way to go

im from canada by the way... and no luck anywhere as of yet but ill keep looking