What equipment is needed to create the tone of Audie Pitre of Acid Bath?

If possible, I'd like to create it with the equipment I have now (but buying things isn't necessarily a problem):

Ibanez IJSB90
Peavey Max 115 Amp
Last edited by Royal Celebi at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by Royal Celebi
What equipment is needed to create the tone of Audie Pitre of Acid Bath?

If possible, I'd like to create it with the equipment I have now (but buying things isn't necessarily a problem):

Ibanez IJSB90
Peavey Max 115 Amp

Clean tones : Pick, Chorus pedal, add treble and bass, drop mids, very low action, try and get a "Clunk" from the strings, pick at the bridge. Your Ibanez P pup should be fine for this song.

Dirty tone : Enough distortion to give a growl like tone, pick again, pick at the bridge, low action. More of a mid like growl though, so drop the treble alittle.

Uhh can't think of anything else really. God, I'm gonna have to listen to them again not heard any songs by them for about 2 years now. Scream of the Butterfly has a great intro to play on bass with the clean tone I suggested, put a tremolo effect through it and its even better.

Take care.
Quote by Micehorns
Clean tones : Pick, Chorus pedal, add treble and bass, drop mids, very low action, try and get a "Clunk" from the strings, pick at the bridge. Your Ibanez P pup should be fine for this song.

Dirty tone : Enough distortion to give a growl like tone, pick again, pick at the bridge, low action. More of a mid like growl though, so drop the treble alittle.

Uhh can't think of anything else really. God, I'm gonna have to listen to them again not heard any songs by them for about 2 years now. Scream of the Butterfly has a great intro to play on bass with the clean tone I suggested, put a tremolo effect through it and its even better.

Take care.

Wonderful! Thanks so much! Thick pick, I'd assume? Any specific pedals you recommend?