So me and my brother are going to record a song, but we don't know what program to use. We have mics that can plug into a computer, but we need a program to record it and mix the tracks. For example, recording the guitar and drum parts seperately, then mixing them. It also has to be free because I have no money[Damn Economy!]. So what should I use?
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
Quote by mightywarrior
Audacity?

That was my first idea, but I wanted to see if there was anything better out there.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
mixcraft. search it up on google than get the free trial. then go on youtube and type in "get mixcraft 4 for free". Something should pop up. Click it, get the code and enter it in on the program for "enter purchase code" in either help or tools.
ask for a tone port from santa... it comes with software... or if you pay for the internet cancel it for a few months and use that money you save (about like 30 - 60 a month im guessing for internet? unless you pay yearly) to buy a tone port
I guess you need to define "no money"-is that zero dollars and zero cents?

If its a "little money", then I also have really liked mixcraft 4. It just seems easier to operate than several of the others. They have a free download to try it.
er.....dunno if this site condones me condoning torrets but im gonna go and do it anyhow, if i were you ide download a cracked version of, tracktion 2.

super easy to use, and has a lot of powerfull features
Yeah, pretty sure UG isn't for the torrents...but I can always be wrong lol.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Quote by pcline85
Yeah, pretty sure UG isn't for the torrents...but I can always be wrong lol.

I've seen people in R&R not help people at all because they pirate. So if you're going to tell someone to do it, keep it to a PM

To TS, KRISTAL and REAPER are both sweet.
Quote by wozzsta
er.....dunno if this site condones me condoning torrets but im gonna go and do it anyhow, if i were you ide download a cracked version of, tracktion 2.

And im gonna report you for doing so.....enjoy your stay while it lasts.
Quote by PsychomanZ
And im gonna report you for doing so.....enjoy your stay while it lasts.

Umm....why?
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by Vasser
Umm....why?

He has a personal vendetta against anyone who even suggests pirating.

Really, PsychomanZ, no need to be so aggressive to people.
Quote by Austyn6661
Really, PsychomanZ, no need to be so aggressive to people.

Really, Austyn6661, no need to be so naive,its threads like this that lead to more topics started like this "So i DL'ed this program...how do i use it?"

Its quite sickening when you try to help the legitimate users but you have to weed thru 15 pirate posts with there cracked software thats riddled with bugs and virus's.
Quote by PsychomanZ
Really, Austyn6661, no need to be so naive,its threads like this that lead to more topics started like this "So i DL'ed this program...how do i use it?"

Its quite sickening when you try to help the legitimate users but you have to weed thru 15 pirate posts with there cracked software thats riddled with bugs and virus's.

Then don't post. They bump their topic, warned. Do it enough, they're banned. I'm not being naive, I understand your point of view, but it's people like you that scare new users away from UG. The rules say that,

"You may not share any copyrighted material or assist others in finding such illegal material on the forums or profiles, including copyrighted mp3 files, movie files and pirated software, for any reason. This includes linking people to torrents containing copyrighted material."

He brought it up as a suggestion. Tell him that discussing pirated software is against the rules. You just acted as if you are better than everyone else.

And speaking of bumping, TS has more than enough options now, so no more needlessly bumping this thread, how about?