Okay here I am. I'm a Metal/Rock/Blues Guitarist and I love Les Pauls. Being the poor kid I am I have a Line 6 Spider 3. I like the amps metal tone. But my squier just isn't cutting it anymore. I have 600 dollars and I don't want to waste it. I love the look and feel of Les Pauls. I know they make good rock and blues guitars, but would they work for metal? If they don't, any suggestions for a good metal guitar?
Guitar's really don't make all that much difference in tone. It's gonna be the amp, pups and your playing. And your amp will not cut it for metal, no matter what guitar you use. look into a Randall RG50TC or a Bugera 6260
yeah it'll do metal if you throw in a DiMarzio....

look at Dillion Agile tokai Edwards and if you must an Epi
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Zakk Wylde anyone?
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
you can get agile 3000's with EMG 81/85 pick up's, will do you go for metal, well so i hear anyways.

They have alot of diffrent LP's so there worth checking out.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
I know like 10 metal bands that use a Les Paul lol
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Wrong forum first of all.

Second of all, you really should get a new amp, but if you won't and you insist on an LP.
Agile makes damn good ones.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by MetalheadforJC
I know like 10 metal bands that use a Les Paul lol

I know like 11, lol.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Hagstrom

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hagstrom-Swede-Electric-Guitar?sku=513340

You can find them a little cheaper in stores......in fact... you can get them for $400... and that leaves you room to throw in some EMG's....

I got my swede and installed the EMG's myself. The tone is so thick.... I love it.

The other option....

Ultra-swede...

Les Paul-ish body with thinnest neck ever.