My band has this song that was supposed to have vocals in it and we didn't have time to work on them and the concert is tomorrow. I can sing them perfectly and they're only during one part. Do you think it would be a bad idea to add vocals in to the song for the first time during the concert?

Here's the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YofpS0AN8s

The vocals would come in only during the clean part. I think people will be bored without them. And it's not a big gig, we're only playing in front of some parents.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Go for it. When my band performed an original I forgot the lyrics to a certain part but just made up new ones on the spot which were way better lol

Gibson Les Paul Traditional Satin
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender Am Telecaster
Bad Cat HotCat 30R

Korg Pitchblack
Xotic BB Preamp
TC Flashback X4
Strymon Timeline
EHX POG 2
JHS Double Barrel
My band (well, when I was in one a few years ago) did the same kinda thing. We thought about it the day before we performed, so I wrote something overnight and when we rehearsed a couple of hours before we made sure to do practice the words with the music.

We of course didn't have any recording equipment, it sounds like you'll be all set as long as you tell them beforehand. You don't want a bunch of funny looks from your band members.
That's what I think, but the band is so opposed to it, and I'm trying to convince me to let me just sing them. Hell, we played a pretty big gig and played a song we had never rehearsed and no one objected, but they're so worried about messing up for some parents :-/.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Hey dude,

I dig this without vocal. I guess it would depend on what the vocal was like. This is a pretty epic tune! If it's not a big gig and the other band members are really opposed then I would not worry about it.

Really cool song, I would dig watching this if it was live! Bookmarked.
Last edited by ChrisBG at Dec 14, 2008,
I like the song man! How are you tuned (assuming your the guitar player)?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by walker-rose
I like the song man! How are you tuned (assuming your the guitar player)?

We're tuned Drop D.

Thanks!