This is referring to a man/woman.

Everyone knows, "Beauty in in the eye of the beholder." but if you see an ugly chick, most likely every dude your with will be like, "Yeah, she's ugly."

And most people agree with who they would hit in a heartbeat.

So what makes someone attractive? Specific proportions of the face? Could someone model "The most pretty person", or a face that could appeal to the majority of people?

I think it's time for an intelligent discussion in The Pit.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

It's different from person to person, some traits are viewed more or less attractive with the majority of the population.

Seriously, what did you expect?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I don't know. I guess it depends on the times, as tastes change. Look at the way cars and clothes were in the past, and how they are now.

I think instincts play a minor role though.
Quote by Kensai
It's different from person to person, some traits are viewed more or less attractive with the majority of the population.

I don't even know.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

i think that beauty should totally not even matter. like people should think people are attractive because of how they are and not likee how they look and stuff. that would totally be sweet
^

Basically; feminine and symmetrical facial features, a high waist to hip ratio, healthy looking and submissive posturing.
Quote by guitar_chickk12
i think that beauty should totally not even matter. like people should think people are attractive because of how they are and not likee how they look and stuff. that would totally be sweet

But it's not.

Be glad you didn't get the short end of the stick.
Stonking great tits
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
I think it's got something slightly to do with the facial proportions, yes. Not entirely sure.

There are different shapes of facial features that make up different face types as well. If you wear make up then facial construction can affect what colours and styles of make up would make you look bad or good. Like both my eyes and mouth at the edges sort of... go downwards. Makes my face look completely different to the next girl's face. The next girl will have a combination of features which will make her face look different from the next girls face.

It is, however, still subjective though. Beauty shines through from the inside.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
People have personal preferences. Obviously, these preferences will overlap a lot because they have been perpetuated by reproduction because the people with preferable traits would reproduce more often.
That's not quite worded right, but you get the idea.
Quote by boreamor
*Hayley Williams*

That.

I don't find her very attractive. I prefer Ellen Page any day.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I think humans, apes, and dolphins are the only ones who care about this because they're the only 3 animals that have sex for pleasure.
An attractive face is symmetrical, another words, the other side looks identical to the other. Men, on average, prefer a .7 ration of waist to hips, (or was it hips to waist?) the classic hourglass shape. They also prefer abnormally large real breasts, but those aren't really realistically obtainable. This survey has been taken on ever continent and the results are basically the same everywhere.
Quote by HGS9669
I think humans, apes, and dolphins are the only ones who care about this because they're the only 3 animals that have sex for pleasure.

Nope. Coco the monkey has told us which monkeys are attractive and which are not.

Edit: oh tits you said apes.

Edit2:The desire for large breasts is instinctual. A woman with large breasts can support more children.
Quote by gunther_sucks
Nope. Coco the monkey has told us which monkeys are attractive and which are not.

Edit: oh tits you said apes.

Oh yeah monkeys can talk.
This is not an intelligent discussion by any stretch of the imagination. Beauty is all relative, shallow guys will want large breasts and tight asses. Non-shallow guys usually are more particular.

Gee, that was tough.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by gunther_sucks
Sign language dumbass.

Don't call me a dumbass you dumbass. How was I supposed to know?
Quote by Kensai

I certainly did not expect a serious answer...
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Well, Beauty is when one Person or thing is attracted to it. Not, Specifically having to being sexually attracted. That's why they state is as Sexually attracted, a type of attraction. There are theoretically "Levels" of beauty. Some words are considered stronger than others. Lets say an example. Beautiful and gorgeous are very strong words. Cute and pretty, are words that still describe it as attractive. But not necessarily Highly attractive. As opposed to things being unattractive to look at. Ugly, opposed to Monstrous or putrid- I think I used that word right. Some of it is based on Where you grew up, your life environment. Most people don't find big, bristly Women very attractive. But, People in Scott land or Ireland - not to be stereotypical, but just giving examples - May find those women more attractive than if you live somewhere like in Ohio. I think It also has to do with who you are. Like, the question, Why do we have fetishes? They are very irregular, and Uncommon. Well, more common than others I guess, but you get the just. So, beauty is just a word describing a type of attraction. Attraction is based on subjectivity.

Why is it that we may find someone that Most people would describe as beautiful, or Cute. In other words, more attractive than Displeasing. That, I think is from general populations, Having common Environments, And living behaviors. I also think it has to do with our minds siding with, how normal, and disfigured the facial structure and tone and Skin etc. Is. Most people don't find acne very attractive. It's an infection in the skin. A disfigurement. Its out of our normalcy. Having a low cut jaw, and wide facial structure, is not very attractive. Its not, how we presume the face should be. Maybe not mentally, but subconsciously.

That is some of my thought on that.

Edit: Did i win ? I gave a serious answer.
Last edited by stud258 at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by HGS9669
Don't call me a dumbass you dumbass. How was I supposed to know?

You implied with your smiley that I was a dumbass.

So I countered your implied dumbass with a real dumbass.

edit: dumbass
A cute face, big tits, tight arse, nice legs and a sexy voice.

/thread.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
A cute face, big tits, tight arse, nice legs and a sexy voice.

/thread.

Like I said...
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
its mathematical
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by breadstick
I certainly did not expect a serious answer...

It was either that or I linked to my photobucket folder of women.

(I'm close to exceeding my bandwidth so that's out of the question)
Quote by Kensai
It was either that or I linked to my photobucket folder of women.

(I'm close to exceeding my bandwidth so that's out of the question)

Oh good. For a second, I thought you had actually grown up!
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I think that it's related to the golden ratio, fitness, and how symmetrical the body is.
It also is very related to genetics. For example, bigger breasts are a sign of good fertility. So we are more attracted to girls with good breasts.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by breadstick
Oh good. For a second, I thought you had actually grown up!

Pfft, I took pills for that a long time ago