So I have been looking into this amp but have not had a chance to play it quite yet, however I have played the revalver version of it.(the newest version) How does the revalver model of it sound in comparison to the real deal?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
You need to try out the amp. I don't know what ReValver is but it sounds like an amp modeling software which I can't imagine being anything quite like the real deal so you need to get out there and try out the amp.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
Well revalver is made by Peavey so I figured it may be close. What should I expect when I play the real thing? What sounds does it do best?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

well, it is a Tube amp that has Tubes and Speakers. Your guitar signal bounces around inside the Tube for a split second and then the sound comes out of big, heavey, large diameter speaker.

Basically.

Vs. software, which emulates that sound.

Does that help?
I just bought my Classic 30 a few days a go, amazing amp. In my experience modeling systems never get close to the real deal. They just make a bunch of different sounds, none of which are close to what they say they are. They're kind of like multi effects pedals, sure they can do a bunch of things, but they can't do any one thing particularly well.
The classic30 puts out a warm clean tone on the clean channel and on the gain channel, puts out stuff like AC/DC with the right amount of gain/vol.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
i know its a bit of a bump but if youre interested i have a classic 30 it sounds great head and cab that is and the revalver version is very close imo they amp just sounds.... well better cause its an amp
yea I've had an amp for a while now, a Palomino v50, a PM would have been a better thing to do in this situation.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

I have a Classic 30 and I like it very much. I only run the clean channel and use pedals for my dirt. The crunch channel doesn't impress me by itself but sounds good with an OD in front (YMMV). I get some tube rattle. It isn't a perfect amp but a darn good one, especially when I see them for around $300 used quite a bit.
Its a really great amp.

It sounds so nice with a strat type prefect glassy quacks with the reverb.

and with a vox wah, oh my god ill just hit bowl after bowl playing the damn thing.

the clean side i use for that, get a nice soft clipping sound going and play it slick.

for the dirty side i like using my epi les paul with an overdrive, really really piercing dark tone, really nice and gainy smooth to.

you can get close to those ballsy marshall overdrive, but in the end its a peavey and its got its own sound.

the only thing tough is that its really midsy, i have to put the mids on mine to 2 or 3 becasue it gets really raunchy at high volumes, if you do get one and you dont care for the raunchiness look for a speaker with scooped mids to ease out the amps voice.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 13, 2009,