Anyone know a good stand that will work for odd shape guitars. I have 3 guitars that will not fit a normal stand.....a King V body shape, a Rhoads V body shape, and a Kelly/Explorer shape. Any ideas?.....I'm tired of opening and closing cases.
Get one of those stands that just holds them by the head stock and the body rests against a pad.
get one of these http://www.guitarcenter.com/Hercules-Stands-GS432B-Tri-Stand-Guitar-Stand-453084-i1142257.gc when you lift the guitar up the stand releases, and when you set it down it closes and locks your guitar into place.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
good idea....is that stand tall enough though....i've tried removing the lower bout and just letting them hang, but even extended to full height it does not work due to the length of the wings on the V's
yes, its made to let guitars hang without hitting the floor. perfect for unusually shaped guitars, another thing you should consider is just getting wall hangars for them.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

can't use wall hangers.....in an apartment that i'm about to move out of....really don't want to have to fix the walls......definitely will use wall hangers soon though. Sorry to everyone for being so complicated. thanks for the info....maybe i'll just bring the longest guitar of the bunch to guitar center and give it a hang.
ive got one of these and it is fantastic. extremely sturdy, folds up small, and has an adjustable height. there is also one that has the locking yoke like the hercules stands. dont know if its really needed, but it could be something you would want.
The hercules one that holds 3 is cheaper than three of those
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020