Ok I was planning to buy the toneport GX for they hicked up the price to $100. My friend told me that I can actually hook up a pedal between my guitar and computer and use amplitube. Supposedly he said that the pedal does the same job as the toneport? What?! is this true? I don't have any pedals so what does everyone else think? Since I already have amplitube I only need the software.
Yeah you can use toneport with amplitube.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
so long as your pedal has recording capabilities or you have a computer that has the appropriate hook up you can record with Audacity. But most pedals, such as single effects, don't have this. And since you already have amplitube, get Audacity (its free). You will also need a .vst plugin to use Amplitube with it.
If your pedal has a usb, such as the digitech rp350 then yes it will work well. Otherwise if you have a buffered bypass pedal you can connect to the microphone input on your computer using the pedal as an interface, however you will probably have latency issues this way.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
it will do if you have a nice sound card, or if you are in a pinch but the better way to go would be the toneport or another interface. Look into one of these http://www.guitarcenter.com/SoundTech-LightSnake-Guitar-Keyboard-USB-10ft-Cable-104067400-i1128897.gc cheaper than a pedal and the toneport and should do what you need it to do.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

The 1/4 in end goes into your guitar and the usb end goes into your computer, there really isn't any need for the 1/8 in adapter in your situation.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

I meant that right now I'm using an adapter and I'm getting noise, I just wanted to know if the lightsnake eliminates it and has low latency. I'm surprised that I am not getting no atency on my computer with guitar--->adapter--->computer.
You will have very little to no latency due to the usb converter, the lightsnake has an interface built into it so instead of guitar-> interface-> computer, you have guitar->computer with the only cable in between them being the lightsnake
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020