My Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP came with 2 Burstbucker Pros, and their tone is just too muddy for me. I need a pickup that will be able to deliver crisp cleans but also be able to be precise with high distortion. What pickups (bridge or neck) would be right for me? I am playing Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, and The Killers.
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
Well, since you're talking versatile, I'd say Either a Seymour Duncan JB/'59 Set or a DiMarzio Evolution set, although keep in mind the DiMarzio's are very high output, and are mainly for shred metal. But they do sound reeeeeeeeeeeally good, no matter what. The JB/'59 Set is my favorite for a versatile guitar. Very good cleans, and still holds up well with heavy distortion.
yeah, idk whether i would keep my pros or not...probably would keep them for a while to make sure that i liked the new pickups, and if i like the new set more, i would sell the burstbuckers
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
Quote by guitarboy48
My Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP came with 2 Burstbucker Pros, and their tone is just too muddy for me. I need a pickup that will be able to deliver crisp cleans but also be able to be precise with high distortion. What pickups (bridge or neck) would be right for me? I am playing Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, and The Killers.

Duncan Custom in the bridge, 59 in the neck, or a Dimarzio Norton or Steve's Special in the bridge with a Humbucker from Hell in the neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Duncan Custom in the bridge, 59 in the neck, or a Dimarzio Norton or Steve's Special in the bridge with a Humbucker from Hell in the neck.

This is honestly a great suggestion, +1.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW