I played through my friends 60W Crate and it sound really good. I was wondering if I got this would it be okay for bass. I am only going to be playing at a friends house no really big tonal issues.

http://snipurl.com/863s2
as long as its not cranked then you should be fine. Be careful though cause their is a large possibility you could blow the speaker
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Quote by bacon n eggz
korns bassist does it. monster distortion comes from bass through guitar amp

i doubt he is actually playing through a guitar cab though
as long as you keep low volumes you should be fine but you never know the speaker may blow on you
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
why not just get a bass amp???????????????????????????????????????????

sorry for the ??? but i'm board
No.

Just no.

It will eventually blow out, you need a bass amp. That's what they're for.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I Don't want to get a bass amp because for like 20W with no effects it is as much as a 15W amp with a good amount of effects.
Quote by Tatersalad1080
as long as its not cranked then you should be fine. Be careful though cause their is a large possibility you could blow the speaker

thats true but I reccomend to buy a decent bass amp at least a Laney
Pedals or effects processors should give you a nice amount of control on your sound. You'll want a solid bass amp to project those lows, though.
TS, I don't know if anyone's told you, but even for guitar the line 6 spider sounds horrible. One with a 8" speaker and a bass playing through it would be utterly terrible.

And no, you can't use a guitar amp for any kind of jamming...anything above the volume of a quiet talking voice would damage the speaker of a guitar amp. (especially that one)

If you must have lots of effects(most professional bassists don't), get a multi-effects pedal...but whatever you do get a bass amp.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by BCarey2293
I Don't want to get a bass amp because for like 20W with no effects it is as much as a 15W amp with a good amount of effects.

my friend has that line 6 for his guitar; all the effects are crap except for insane mode

and don't talk about wattage that way; if you play the full 15W, your speaker's gonna die, so you'll be limited to low volumes anyway

so just get a bass amp
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Quote by capslockisnton
and don't talk about wattage that way; if you play the full 15W, your speaker's gonna die, so you'll be limited to low volumes anyway

so just get a bass amp

^ true that. It's more like 20W and no effects or 1W with crappy ones and no tone.
Nope, no sig here.
Omg, the next person who asks this I am going to take my huge Valkyrie sword and smack them upside the head.

I'm sorry--there is a reason why there are bass amps and why there are guitar amps. Yes you can risk playing them nice and soft and be OK if you are lucky. But why would you buy a perfectly good bass and then suffer playing through an amp that never will give you the bass' sonic potential and could potentially blow and even smoke? Seriously?
How about just buying a solid bass amp and buying a distortion pedal or a multi effects pedal.

Im using a korg px5d at the moment, it's fine for guitar/ bass and it has a crap load of effects/ modeling etc etc. But you need some decent speakers/ headphones to get a good sound or you could plug it into a amp and play it through the speaker, im not sure it works with cabs though, could anyone verify if a modeling amp will work with a cab?
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Playing bass throught guitar speakers ove a lengthy period will cause the sourrounds (edges) to deteriorate and become floppy with the resulting floppy horrible sound.
Guitar speakers are not designed for excessive cone travel.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn