I'm having some troubles with (I believe) the string tension on my Squier Strat. It was fine just a couple days ago, however, I went away for the weekend and when i came back I tried tuning up my guitar. The first thing I noticed was that everything was, for some reason, several WHOLE NOTES low. Then, I noticed nothing was staying in tune at all. Then I noticed the bridge was being held at about a 5 degree angle higher than it should.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix it?
take it off and reassemble it
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
You could try putting another spring in the back of the guitar. My squier did the same thing, and that's how I fixed it.
Quote by captain_jack
You could try putting another spring in the back of the guitar. My squier did the same thing, and that's how I fixed it.

Some Googling led me to that solution too, I haven't tried it yet though. I plan on taking it in someplace as I'm not really sure I trust my ability to fix it.
did you change the strings on it recently?

this usually happens when you install heavier strings, to fix it try these steps
1. open up the back plate and tighten the wood screws that hold the bridge
2. if that's not working, get another spring for the bridge (a couple bucks at most music stores)
3. if you don't want to mess with it, try installing a new set of .9 gauge strings
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Just got back from the shop. Guy says I just need new strings, so I put new strings on, and it seems to be working like a charm. Apparently my strings were just wound really really high, and that's what was causing the tension problems. Thanks for everyone's advice!