So i have a roland JC-120 and i was wondering how to use the inputs in the back that say ch-2 effects loop and footswitch. I have a pretty general understanding of what they do (at least where it says footswitch..(it just uses the amps effects???)), although i don't understand how to do an effects loop or how it works or anything so if anybody wanted to explain it to me that'd be great

and explain how a footswitch works to?
Quote by MightyAl
The best way to approach a group of girls is wearing a dirty old trenchcoat with nothing underneath. Open it in slow motion, while making your 'orgasm face', and then run like hell.

]
like do you just plug it into one of the inputs in the back and then it switches the amps effect on or off (chorus reverb or distortion)

how does it work when there are two buttons, are there two cables coming out???

i've never gotten to use one of these before sorry if i sound like a complete dumbass
Quote by MightyAl
The best way to approach a group of girls is wearing a dirty old trenchcoat with nothing underneath. Open it in slow motion, while making your 'orgasm face', and then run like hell.

]
Normally the footswitch will just switch between clean and distortion channels, if you have effects built in then the second button will operate the effects, (this is all one cable going in, or at least thats how it is on my cube) btw, plug the footswitch in where its says footswitch (sorry if that sounds douchey...)
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

no i figured that much im not retarded i've just never been around them before and ive only seen them a few times.
Quote by MightyAl

]
They are pretty simple.Whilst they can differ they normally follow the same kind of pattern.
Generally you have your amp on clean,step on the switch and it goes to the distortion.Now on some if you press the same switch again it goes back to clean but some ones will use the other switch to clean.Just fiddle with it and you'll get it.That's how I get my switch working.But I took mine off an old keyboard and plugged it in to my amp.Problem is I have to hold it down for the dist.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.