Well, my new XXX didn't last long. I'm gonna call the store tomorrow. Today I was playing and I turned the volume on my guitar down and put it down for about 2 minutes. When I picked it back up, there was no sound from the amp. Me and my dad fooled around with it to no luck.

Hopefully I can get it fixed soon and be back in action. For now I have to use my Line 6 which sucks because i love the XXX sound. If I can't get it fixed I can exchange it for something else at the store. They won't give cash refunds.
Hey, every brand has a lemon. Did you check the tubes and fuses?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
You sure it wasnt the cable? Could you have put the guitar down so that the solder in the cable broke inside the jack? Try a new cable before you send it in.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Yikes, dont say that. I just bought a 6505+. lol
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
Alright, just making sure.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Are all the tubes evenly lit/dim orange? Really sounds like a power tube problem to me. I'd install new power tubes before doing anything else. Trust me on this.
Quote by a7xrocks02
Dude. All the tubes are nicely lit. But tomorrow before I call I'm going to see if my guitar signal comes through the effects send

My old power tubes in my JSX were perfectly lit and the amp made no sound. Eventually, it made a loud hum. Changed tubes, right back in business. Either way, good luck.
I know its gonna sound retarded, but mess with the knobs. I had that happen with my old Super 40, and I adjusted all the knobs, moving them up to 10, down to 0, and back to where they were, and it started working again. And I never had that problem again. It was king of weird. haha. That sucks man, the XXX does sound sweet though, doesnt it? I loved mine so much but I needed a head so I traded it in for the 120 watt version!
plug the cable into the jack then wiggle that sucker up and down and side to side kind of rough while stumming the guitar. Don't break it but flex it enough to check for input jack problems.
Quote by by_guitar11
Yikes, dont say that. I just bought a 6505+. lol

good head...i wouldnt worry about it. thats odd that it would just go out like that. like everyone esle said look into tube/cables. pretty much every other thing before you send that bitch in
Quote by thetoastinator
I know its gonna sound retarded, but mess with the knobs. I had that happen with my old Super 40, and I adjusted all the knobs, moving them up to 10, down to 0, and back to where they were, and it started working again. And I never had that problem again. It was king of weird. haha. That sucks man, the XXX does sound sweet though, doesnt it? I loved mine so much but I needed a head so I traded it in for the 120 watt version!

I did this sort of thing already but when I get home from school I'll try again. It does sound sweet. I can get a ton of nice sounds out of it. And it has a lot more balls than my Line 6 Spider (what wouldn't though).
It is not a power tube problem because the preamp doesn't function either. There was no signal coming from the FX loop send like there was before. I'm going to drag it to the store tonight and see what they can do about it.

Peace
Quote by xwearesinking
oh.

that made me ROFL so hard,I don't know why though
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
I got a call from the store today. They fixed it. I don't remember exactly what they said but, I think they said a resistor, somehow made both power tubes blow. They replaced the resistor and the tubes for free. Hopefully I can pick it up tonight, otherwise I have to wait for the weekend.
Quote by K!nj!
that made me ROFL so hard,I don't know why though

It made you laugh because it was a joke.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by a7xrocks02
I got a call from the store today. They fixed it. I don't remember exactly what they said but, I think they said a resistor, somehow made both power tubes blow. They replaced the resistor and the tubes for free. Hopefully I can pick it up tonight, otherwise I have to wait for the weekend.

Good deal. I would be curious to learn more if they can tell you exactly what it was. Did they have to send it out?

Glad you got it back relatively quickly
Quote by a7xrocks02

they might have had it reversed. The power tube probably shorted and took out a grid resistor, resistors usually don't die on their own, but arcing powertubes will take them out quick.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by a7xrocks02

thats nice to know, i had a feeling your amp would turn out well

well, enjoy venturing into the world of t00bz, the XXX is a pretty sick amp
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
mine did the same exact thing the other day, was working fine then the sound just cut out. tubes still light up but no sound, one of the tubes does look like its not as bright as the others though.