buy a '72 Fender Tele Thinline from my friend for $250, then pay the other 100 or so to get it set up and cleaned and everything, or should I wait til next year and just save for a Gibson SG custom?

I pretty much know that I want an SG at some point, but right now im playing an entry level Washburn, and i think its time for an upgrade...

opinions?
I would go ahead and do it... That way you can still save up and in a year if you still want to change guitars, trade the tele and throw in the cash and get an sg.

It's a great deal though.
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
Go for it man. Those are great guitars.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
God yes.
the 72 Thinline Tele is one of the sexiest guitars ever.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
yeah thats kind of what i was goin for.
its not a definite that im getting it, but hes either gonna sell it to me or this other guy, and knowing they run for 700-750, I figured I'd jump on it.
he's been letting me borrow it for a month or so to see if I like it, and obviously i love it much more than my Washburn because of looks and playability.

AND it comes with a hardshell case
Obviously I agree with everyone. I just wanted to say: I had a 72 Tele Thinline for two months and I loved every minute of it
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band