I'm a bassist from Taunton, MA. My favorite bands are the Mars Volta, Fugazi, Minor Threat, Judas Priest and the Smiths. I listen to basically everything though so it's not odd for me to listen to Dying Fetus then listen to Daft Punk then listen to the Pixies and round it off with MF Doom. I like a lot of very different music.

One thing I've gotten into lately is noise music such as Health and Lightning Bolt (actually saw them live it was sick) and I'm very interested in taking the Pixies dynamic of loud soft and the progressive qualities of bands like the Mars Volta and mixing them all together.

In other words a band that at it's lightest is very melodic and at it's heaviest borders on pure chaotic noise. At it's grooviest can make people dance and then out of no where there's a solo. I like experimentation and I think it'd be awesome to really test what you can and can't do in the process of destroying the structure of a pop song.

If anyone is interested a guitarist or two would definitely be needed, synths would be nice, need a drummer (actually think having two would be cool I love the sound the Smashing Pumpkins with two drummers and Health does it well). A vocalist would be needed if none of us can sing and play at the same time. Theory knowledge isn't necessary but definitely a plus and being able to play in different time signatures is also a plus but don't shy away if you can't as I'm fairly new to playing syncopated lines in different time signatures also. Basically if you like a lot of different kinds of music, live in Massachusetts and want to make some noise contact me.
you know, i would absolutely LOVE to be in a band like that. i live on cape and unfortunately dont have any way of getting up there for practices if i did.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
How far is Taunton from Danvers?
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
63 miles according to Google Maps. You're above Boston and I'm below so that kind of sucks.
daaamnn. if i wasn't 10 road lessons away from my license, i'd be down. keep in touch, cuz i'll have it by february and do not mind driving to be apart of something that cool.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
If you need any internet collaboration I'd be willing to help... Can't do anything live with you, but I have recording equipment and would be happy to give you advice on how to achieve some of the sounds you're after.

e-mail is probably best... I don't check my PMs very often...

Best of luck with this band, sounds interesting.
I live in Buzzards Bay..thats still only a little over half an hour away. I can play guitar a little bit, but I'm not much of a lead player, although I have no problem whatsoever singing and playing rhythm at the same time. I don't listen to much experimental with the exception of Dream Theater and Rush, and my favorite bands are more of Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Exodus, and Anthrax

But then again, I'm only 15 years old, plus I'm still 30 minutes away, be a little weird to ask my parents to drive me half an hour away
Shroom I went on you're profile and I actually listen to almost everything on that playlist. I love old school punk and hardcore. I would definitely want the band to have a punk vibe somewhat like how the Mars Volta still have that attitude sometimes. I love Slayer too although I need to check out more of their stuff. I'm 16 and have my permit but no license until I do my road lessons, damn waiting lists so I can't travel that far at the moment. Good to see interest in this.
Yo I just sent you a PM dude.....I'm so in. And I have a car so I can travel no problem.
Last edited by Phiddler at Dec 22, 2008,