I though It was pretty good,great moral to the story as well.
**Its a remake of a 1950s Sci-Fi Movie.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Last edited by jwax at Dec 14, 2008,
what is it?
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Ive only seen previews, but that movie looks so goddamn cool.

Edit:
Oh, and to the guy who asked what it was, it's about Keanu Reeves destroying mankind with his awesomeness.
That any good? I want to see it but i want to make sure I'm not wasting money.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Brain245
Ive only seen previews, but that movie looks so goddamn cool.

Edit:
Oh, and to the guy who asked what it was, it's about Keanu Reeves destroying mankind with his awesomeness.

These words only go together with a ''lack of'' in the middle
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
It had aliens, Keanu Reeves and a giant robot with a thirst for blood.

It was awesome.
Funny, I fully expected this forum, which consists of mostly kids, to enjoy this movie.

Everyone from another forum I frequent talked about how bad it was.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Why does Gort turn into a swarm of ****ing cooties?
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Its out? I didn't think it was out tell next year. I want to see Valkyrie though.
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Quote by blackflag49
Joe Biden's wife is a total cougar.

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!

XBL Gamer Tag:

Arch Enemy65
I haven't seen it yet, so please no spoilers. I'm glad to hear that it at least has a moral. When I first saw the previews I was disgusted, and I still am a little. The original WAS NOT an effing disaster movie. It looks like they just watched original and said, "You know what would make this actually good? If it looked more like Armageddon, but with Keanu Reeves."

I dunno I'm just going to have to be really impressed when I go to see it. The original was very sci-fi and very cutting edge, with a good message for the time. It was not a disaster movie.
We're only strays.
i saw it, great movie. ending is dumb though. 2012 looks kickass though
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
I heard it was awful, but I still might see it.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by kaosfire
Funny, I fully expected this forum, which consists of mostly kids, to enjoy this movie.

Everyone from another forum I frequent talked about how bad it was.

I believe that is a very immature generalization..are you a said kid?
Quote by dethead666
I believe that is a very immature generalization..are you a said kid?

Of course I am, which is why I can recognize trends amongst my peers.

I'm only 17.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

I thought it was pretty good too. Good moral story, like the guy said. Some of the parts were pretty unrealistic, and it bothers me that Keanu Reeves plays pretty much the same character in every movie he has ever been in.
I thought the advert looked cool untill I saw the rating as a 12A which will make it $hit as no proper action will really happen in it.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Supertait
These words only go together with a ''lack of'' in the middle

and "not" before lack of.
<_<
>_>
Quote by kaosfire
Of course I am, which is why I can recognize trends amongst my peers.

I'm only 17.

oh okay just checking
it was pretty ****in sick in my opinion. and idk why people haye on keanu reeves i don't think he's too bad of an actor
DECRESCENDO
Quote by dethead666
oh okay just checking

lol im not some like 75 year old looking for cute, young, supple boys.....

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by CrabSoldier X
it was pretty ****in sick in my opinion. and idk why people haye on keanu reeves i don't think he's too bad of an actor

Yes he is perfect in the role of a lifeless emotionless being.
Quote by Primus2112

Quote by kaosfire
lol im not some like 75 year old looking for cute, young, supple boys.....

thats kensai's job anyways
It was a dissapointment to be honest. The "moral" of the story was a large influence from religion and environmentalism, neither of which I like.

The whole "repent" thing and "we're killing our planet and now we're going to die" didn't appeal to me. At all.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Quote by CrabSoldier X

It's not that he's bad, it's just he plays the same role in every single movie he does. The Matrix, Constantine, and now The Day That Stood Still it looks like.

The only movie that he seemed different in that i've seen has been The Watcher. He was pretty good in that.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Quote by kaosfire
Yes he is perfect in the role of a lifeless emotionless being.

Those are the types of roles he is given. It's not his fault he plays like he has no emotion when that is what the directors want.

On topic: i haven't seen it yet but I hope it is as good as the original
Keanu Reeves: The man on many emotions....
/end sarcasm
D: i dislike him
ESP LTD F-400FM 85/81 EMG
ESP LTD EX-400 81/81 EMG
Peavy ValveKing 100
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Line 6 TonePort UX2
Keanu Reeves is a horrible, horrible actor and will ruin it.

Watch the original.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
Quote by Pookie6
It's not that he's bad, it's just he plays the same role in every single movie he does. The Matrix, Constantine, and now The Day That Stood Still it looks like.

The only movie that he seemed different in that i've seen has been The Watcher. He was pretty good in that.

your right i mean...point break,The lake house,bill and ted's excellent adventure wasn't different at all /sarcasm
Quote by ironman1478
Those are the types of roles he is given. It's not his fault he plays like he has no emotion when that is what the directors want.

On topic: i haven't seen it yet but I hope it is as good as the original

Yup. He has absolutly no choice in what movies he wants to do.

He always picks roles like this because he knows thats all he can do. Its called a cast type, sometimes unfair to actors like Jim Carrey who everyone just wants to be the funny man (he did an AMAZING job in eternal sunshine of a spotless mind), sometimes its for a reason.

Look at samuel l jackson, wats he ALWAYS play?
Quote by Primus2112

eh it was alright. it had alot of potential but they didnt capitalize on it. plus i the ending was terrible
Begins alright, building suspense all the way until you realize Keanu is the alien. The movie gets really cheesy after that, I blame Jaden Smith mostly (God, that ****ing kid was annoying and had too many lines in the movie). The various lines about mankind's abuse of the planet were great. (Hopefully, some smart fellas out there will agree with this). The acting aside from Keanu Reeves and John Cleese is awful, the rest of the cast does not deliver. The CGI gets annoying as well, what's with this Hollywood tendecy to abuse it lately? The movie ends abruptly, the plot leaves some holes and lose ends, obviously more was needed to end it just right.

6/10 Being mercyful.
UG's most Die Hard Rock n' Roller, hands down.

Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll.