Like when applying for a job or college/university etc. Because right now, I volunteer at a nearby hospital due to hours needed for school. But now that I have more than enough hours necessary (At least 250 hours), I'm wondering whether I should just resign my volunteerism-ness.

My dad wants me to stay so that it looks good when applying for a job or whatever. But does it? Does having a lot of volunteer hours help in giving you any advantage?
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Your dad is right, it looks good on a Resume/CV.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
it makes you look like you have initiative to do things, it always helps
I'll only answer this question if you pay me.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
yeah, it looks really good when trying to get into college and on resumes.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
What???

That's nothing. Mine requires 60 minimum.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Hardrock_tm
in Ontario you have to have at least 40 to graduate highschool

We needed 200, haha.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

So to graduate you needed to do work you weren't paid for? That sucks man....In my high school "Job Experience" was an optional way to get some credits but you only had to work 15 hours and it was mainly there so if you failed a class and were a couple credits shy of a diploma you could still get it.
Quote by Xiaoxi
That's nothing. Mine requires 60 minimum.

Which in turn is nothing to my high school's 200 minimum.
Quote by SOADrox429

It's pretty sad when people see a couple hours of volunteer work as a bad thing.

Pathetic.

My highschool was 40 hours as well, and that took no time at all. Actually I enjoyed it.
Volunteering, organizing a charity project, being involved in sports, even playing in a band, etc. are all very important on a resume. Probably just as important as grades.

My brother went through highschool with a straight 5.0 and a near perfect on AP exams, SAT/ACT, but didn't get into some colleges like Princeton, because he never really did any extra-curricular activities besides the required community service hours.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.