So, I got $500 now, and I need a new guitar. My current setup is a Vox Valvetronix AD50VT with a E-H Metal Muff w/ Top Boost.

I think its pretty clear that I like to play lots of hard rock and metal, but i do delve into other things too. I need a good sub-500 dollar guitar that can do a ton, but not a MIM strat, because I don't need a strat.

No offense, but I know someone is going to suggest a MIM strat. And no Epi LP's either. Those are made in China now, and I don't care what you say about how good they are, I cannot stand items made in china.

I'm thinking about a Jackson Dinky DXMG, but any other guitars would be nice

And please, no smartmouthes who are going to post something like a "Dean Dimebag Razorback Custom in Dixie Rebel." Or things like that. Yes, the DD Razor with a Dixie Paintjob is my dream guitar. Maybe. MAYBE! one day.

So suggestions.
the dxmg is very unversatile so you dont want that. Honestly you should get an MIM strat or an Epiphone lp if you want versatlility at a good price. But seeing as how you dont want either you should check out esp or some ibanez guitars. If you want to go used you can maybe find a cheap razorback(which are horrendously overpriced in the first place and should all be burned) on ebay similar to the one you want.

Or

Just save up your for your razorback instead of buying a guitar you might not be happy with.
dxmg
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by shelldevnull
Yes, the DD Razor with a Dixie Paintjob is my dream guitar. Maybe. MAYBE! one day.
You've already got a guitar now, yeah?
Well, then man, SAVE! Save your money, and save up for your freakin' dreamguitar! That's a much better choice that keeping on buying semi-cheap half-assed guitars. The Dixie's what, like, a $1000. You're already half-way there

If you on the other hand, don't already have a guitar, then this is a completely different matter, in which case, a jackson would be a good starter guitar. I'm also pretty sure there are quite a few guys in here that can recommend you a nice Ibanez in that pricerange.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
save another 100 and get a Schecter C-1 Plus. Coil tap and double humbucker. very versatile.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
Of those three, stay away from the ESP. Although it is neck-thru, the wings are of agathis, which is like playing on plywood (or so they say, never actually tried one of agathis).
I would go with the Jackson or the Ibanez, but IMO, the Jackson's better, but this might be because I don't like Ibanez very much... There's something about them that's just very.. IDK...
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
^ I don't doubt it, I'm not a guitar player. However I do know that my friend has a Jackson Dinky and is very happy with it...and I think it'd benefit you, TS. Saving a little money may leave you with a much more apt guitar. What else do you delve into?
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
your dream is to own a dixie painted guitar.
you hate items made in china,
and have an unexplained aversion to mexican guitars.

hmm.

QUOTE]

Ok, I don't like chinese items, because their import is ruining US economy. And theyre usually crap. I don't like making 50/50 chances.

Two, My aversion to Strats? Well, It's just. I dont know. But I've just stayed away. Too mainstream.

Yes, I do have a guitar. Well, Had. Broken now. And i bet it'd cost more to fix then it is worth. My amp is lonely.

Yes, I like the Dean Razorback (Ok, I love it), But, I suppose I should've mentioned, (stupid me...) That the guitar is a gift for graduation. And im limited to the $500. Sorry bout the confusion.

Ibanez does tickle my fancy, but ESP, not so much. I don't care if Kirk Hammett used one.
hmm...

Only the USA Jacksons are any good, and they are overpriced. Not only that, but Jackson's quality had decreased over the years, after Fender took over. The ones that are not USA made have really poor quality, and YES, I have tried them. If you are really stubborn, and refuse to get a guitar made in China, don't bother with Dean. Buy a Kramer Vanguard from musiciyo.com. Kramers are hidden gems that should cost twice as much as they are. I met a guy who bought a Striker, and thought it was a vintage, USA made guitar. It's not, and it costs like, $220.They have 24 frets, good pickups, and a better-than-jackson floyd-rose. Perfect for metal. If not, then I guess an Iceman will do it.
Quote by TagRingo
^ I don't doubt it, I'm not a guitar player. However I do know that my friend has a Jackson Dinky and is very happy with it...and I think it'd benefit you, TS. Saving a little money may leave you with a much more apt guitar. What else do you delve into?

Well, As before mentioned, Metal and Hard Rock. I also play classic rock, stuff like red hot chili peppers, bon jovi (Ok, maybe not a lot... but still). And sometimes when im really really really bored, I'll play... James Blunt
ibanez s320 should be good for you, go try it out.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Yea, I'm going to go to guitar center and just pick up every stinking sub$500 guitar there. I'll find it eventually (I'll be sure to skip anything chinese.) I might go with a MIM strat or tele, just because they appeal to me.
Quote by ortrigger
save another 100 and get a Schecter C-1 Plus. Coil tap and double humbucker. very versatile.

Screw saving. Find it in a different finish on here: www.drumcityguitarland.com

It's $500 for some of them. I got Tribal Amber, looks ****ing beautiful. It's great guitar too, the only thing you may want to upgrade is the pickups if you want a more specific tone (like me)
^I think the pickups are fine. Maybe it's because I was playing a Gio series Ibanez before I got this one. they seem to clean up really well and can also do some gritty blues along with basically everything else I've thrown at them. You have to admit that they are pretty dang good for being stock.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive