I'm a huge fan of the New Jersey Sound and Bobby Bandiera is one of the best examples of a New Jersey guitar player. So, I was on his wikipedia page and I saw him with this guitar:

Now, I know it's a Jaguar/Jazzmaster style body, but the pick-ups look different, there are four knobs rather that two and it has a strat style bridge. Anyone have any clue what this is? I love his sound and I'd like to know more about his gear.
Its a Tele. The shape is hard to see because its contrasting with the backround. Look on fender.com
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
its prolly a custom guitar that he made to his specs. the name on the headstock form what i see is pretty long, so i dunno
Quote by espplayer400
its prolly a custom guitar that he made to his specs. the name on the headstock form what i see is pretty long, so i dunno

Its a Stratocaster neck on a telecaster.

EDIT: Nevermind, the neck comes that way.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Last edited by dcdossett65 at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by espplayer400

it sais fender....
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
72 Deluxe Tele appears to be right.
Or just one made to look like a 72.
Or a real 72.
Either way, its a Tele.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
It's a Telecaster Deluxe, sunburst finish, whether its the original release or a release, I'm not sure. The strat neck comes standard with it due to its CBS production. The pickups are the tell to its authenticity as a Fender: the "Wide Ranges" feature six staggered poles you can see in the picture, and I believe you can faintly detect the 'Fender" engraving on the pickup covers.

Being this is one of my favorite axes, I know it when I see it.
Definetly a 72 deluxe telecaster. Reissue or original is hard to tell though. The Sunburst seems to be the rarer of the three finnishes they come with.
Just bought a black one on Friday. Amazing guitar, my two other teles just look at it and cry knowing that they will never match its awesomness.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09