So after hours of readingreviews, watching youtube videos and actually playing the amp at a local GC, I've finally found an amp that I want to buy, an AC15. The thing is that there are two versions of it, one with the cheaper stock speaker priced at 600 and another with an alnico celestial blue speaker priced at 950. Is it really worth it to shell out the extra 250?
Last edited by Picker9415 at Dec 14, 2008,
From what I've heard it's a good amp if you play classic rock, British Invasion style stuff. I'd probably go with the cheaper one, but that's just me.
The below is false.
The above is true.

*world implodes*
Quote by Picker9415
So after hours of readingreviews, watching youtube videos and actually playing the amp at a local GC, I've finally found an amp that I want to buy, an AC15. The thing is that there are two versions of it, one with the cheaper stock speaker priced at 600 and another with an alnico celestial blue speaker priced at 950. Is it really worth it to shell out the extra 250?

First off. Fail at addition/subtraction. 950-600=350.

Second, no it's not worth it, while the alnico blue is certainly a great speaker, I'd get the $600 amp and then order a custom alnico Blue Dog from Weber speakers, or Scumnico (from Scumback). The Weber will save you $150 compared to the alnico blue, the Scumnicos will save you about $100. The alnico blue AC15 is a rip off, an alnico blue to buy seperately is only $250. There is no reason to buy Celestions when Weber and Scumback sell better speakers for better prices.