hi i play a lot of thrash metal and i was wondering what would be the best set for this squier strat that i am trying to beef up a lil bit...it is an SSS strat (3 single coil pick ups for u newbies) and i was thinkin about getting an EMG-SA set but i wanted to know other peoples opinions before buying. Can sum1 plz help me?

thanks in advance
Generally metal is best through a humbucker, but you could look into stacked buckers I suppose. There are singles that do it too.

What am do you have? That best determines your tone.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
yeah the amp will be a big factor but i get a great metal tone from my vintage noiseless pups but my amp is kinda metalish so that helps a bunch but my tone stands out alot from alot of the standard metal tones
Quote by Øttər
Generally metal is best through a humbucker, but you could look into stacked buckers I suppose. There are singles that do it too.

What am do you have? That best determines your tone.

i use a crate vtx30 which gives the strat some really nice crunch but i know i can still improve it for thrash
now im actually thinking about getting a SD Hot Rail in my Bridge, a SD Cool Rail in my neck and either an EMG-S or Dimarzio YJM in the middle...any thoughts?
Hey KILL EM ALL, check out DiMarzio's Fast Track 2, it's a beastly pickup. I was in your exact position a while ago, and did lots and lots of research, and settled on that pickup. It sounds killer, has loads of output ( a DC resistance rating of over 17.5 ohms to give you an idea ), and cranks out a GREAT metal tone.

Check 'em out here

Also, I used that in the bridge and two HS-3's ( I think that's what was in there, I have sold the entire guitar since ), and they were a nice set for sure. Check out the YJM for the neck too.
Quote by lumberjack
Hey KILL EM ALL, check out DiMarzio's Fast Track 2, it's a beastly pickup. I was in your exact position a while ago, and did lots and lots of research, and settled on that pickup. It sounds killer, has loads of output ( a DC resistance rating of over 17.5 ohms to give you an idea ), and cranks out a GREAT metal tone.

Check 'em out here

Also, I used that in the bridge and two HS-3's ( I think that's what was in there, I have sold the entire guitar since ), and they were a nice set for sure. Check out the YJM for the neck too.

hey thanks man
Seymour Duncan Hot Rails?
Quote by Ralbert07
Get a sledgehammer and you can do the rest yourself. Sledgehammers solve everything.

Buy me an amp and I will marry you
Hot Rail bridge, JB Jr middle, Hot Rail neck is what Janick Gers uses. Dave Murray uses 3 Hot rails. I copied Janick setup. This wortks great for Metal, but I don't about thrash. You could always routed out a humbucker in the body and get a new HSS pickguard, this would work better IMO.
Kirk used the SA set in his original strat thing.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.