I am getting a new cell phone, but I dont know what else I want. I have 4 guitars, a bass, and great amps for the guitars, and im not too worried about my ****ty bass amp. I am wondering what cool accessories I should get for my gear. I was thinking about maybe a new practice amp to take for jamming with friends. How is the Peavey Vypyr? Other than that, just give me cool ideas on pedals, accessories, stands, picks, whatever the hell you want! My price range is probably anywhere from $100 to $300.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Upgrade the NS-2 to a Decimator and get a MXR 10 band EQ.

I was thinking about an EQ. And I like my NS-2. It gets rid of all the sound I dont want, and I dont notice it sucking tone at all, regardless of what other people say. Does the EQ have a level boost, where I can turn it on, and the volume of my amp would become louder?
New cabs. In the money you spent to get two heads, you did not get even a decent cabinet. You can sometimes find used Marshall 1960 cabinets for about $300-$400. I suggest you look into them.
Eh, got the heads for cheap, got the cabs last Christmas, and honestly, they sound better than most cabs Ive played. They aren't ****ty Behringer speakers, they are pretty good Jensen's, that were made in the late 1990's to the early 2000's before Behringer started to suck.
EDIT: Sorry if I sound like I'm just shooting down everyones opinions, but if its not broken, why fix it?
Last edited by thetoastinator at Dec 14, 2008,
Quote by al112987
New cabs. In the money you spent to get two heads, you did not get even a decent cabinet.

You know, I noticed that too. But then again, I went to Guitar Center to find a nice cab for my first tube head, and I played through every cab they had including a 70ish something Marshall (expensive) and a a Carvin Legacy (Steve Vai's preference) and the best sounding cab was a 100$ Vox that they throw in with their sh1ty solid state modeling heads. It was missing a leg and the fake tolex was peeling off, but that cab f\/(king sings!
Quote by thetoastinator
I was thinking about an EQ. And I like my NS-2. It gets rid of all the sound I dont want, and I dont notice it sucking tone at all, regardless of what other people say. Does the EQ have a level boost, where I can turn it on, and the volume of my amp would become louder?

From what I remember the 10 band one does have a level slider.
crack.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by Thrall
What guitarist doesn't have a delay pedal?

+1

Browse through all the pedals until you find an effect you like. and if you don't have one get a power source.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Thrall

I don't. Nor do I intend to get one any time soon.
Quote by Thrall

Eh, Mine broke ... XD
The gear.
Schecter S1 Diamond series.
ESP NV.
Randall G3 200W
Dunlop cry-baby wah (finally)
Line 6 spider III 15x (Small but deadly)
Quote by al112987
I don't. Nor do I intend to get one any time soon.

It was a rehtorical question. I know there are quitarists without delay pedals. Except, of course, for all those really good ones.
Quote by al112987
Or perhaps just the ones who don't feel they need one.

Same thing.