Hey.
I need a 15-30watt amp for just easy transport, band practices and taking it with me when I go up to my beach house.
Wondering which would be a good brand/model to check out for melodic death metal, Thrash, Shred, any sort of metal style of playing
For any price range
Cheers,
The gear.
Schecter S1 Diamond series.
ESP NV.
Randall G3 200W
Dunlop cry-baby wah (finally)
Line 6 spider III 15x (Small but deadly)
Last edited by Blooddawning at Dec 14, 2008,
A roland cube (15x or 30x) a Peavey vyper. Or I've heard good things about the peavey envoy. But I think that's a 2x12?

EDIT! Scratch that, The Envoy110 is 1x10 and pretty damn nice from the looks of it. 25 lbs and I heard it's similar to a 6505. I would see if I could test one out if I were you... I have a all tube 1x12 Marshall DSL401 which is a great amp but its still a bit loud/heavy. I have a Dual Recto halfstack (perfect for anything big) and a Microcube which is kinda like, too tiny ****ty. I'm thinking about getting a medium sized amp for travel. Like I'm going to a party this upcoming weekend and asked If I could bring a guitar but I don't want to lug my DSL401 around. and my microcube is almost too ****ty.. ha but my parents would literally kill me if I bought another amp. (sorry for the rant but I think a envoy would be good for you)
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Last edited by milkmanv1 at Dec 14, 2008,
Take a look at the new Vox VT30.
It got Diezel, VHT, Soldano, Mesa, Peavey 5150, 5 Vox, 4 Marshall and 3 Fender, 2 Dumble amp modeling.
Plus it got preamp real tubes, and watt attenuator.
yeah I was looking at the Cube 30X it was cool. But the line 6 spider III was also pretty good. any comments on that?
The gear.
ESP NV.
Randall G3 200W
Quote by milkmanv1
A roland cube (15x or 30x) a Peavey vyper. Or I've heard good things about the peavey envoy. But I think that's a 2x12?

EDIT! Scratch that, The Envoy110 is 1x10 and pretty damn nice from the looks of it. 25 lbs and I heard it's similar to a 6505. I would see if I could test one out if I were you... I have a all tube 1x12 Marshall DSL401 which is a great amp but its still a bit loud/heavy. I have a Dual Recto halfstack (perfect for anything big) and a Microcube which is kinda like, too tiny ****ty. I'm thinking about getting a medium sized amp for travel. Like I'm going to a party this upcoming weekend and asked If I could bring a guitar but I don't want to lug my DSL401 around. and my microcube is almost too ****ty.. ha but my parents would literally kill me if I bought another amp. (sorry for the rant but I think a envoy would be good for you)

+1 on the Envoy, my guitar teacher uses one as his lesson amp. Easily the best solid state amp I've ever heard and it's extremely versatile.
Last edited by B. Jammin at Dec 14, 2008,
i'll check the envoy out
The gear.
ESP NV.
Randall G3 200W
GAH! Now I want one...maybe I'll convince them that this is the perfect practice amp and try to trade in my microcube. The guy at my local GC loves me and would probably give me atleast 50-75$ for it. (He got me like 200 for my MG50DFX)
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Try out an Vox AD30VT-XL it's a good amp for what you play.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Will do
The gear.
ESP NV.
Randall G3 200W