IT'S BEEN FIXED! THANK YOU GUYS!

Oh man this is gonna sound stupid. I don't even know if this is the right forum for it. Well, I was replacing the strings on my guitar when I decided to disassemble it piece by piece just for fun. I know that sounds stupid, but I wanna know how things work. Well anyway, I took off the neck just to see, then when I put it back on, to my surprise, every note that I fret on the fretboard is the same notes! What do I do? (other than taking it to a guitar tech)

It also seems that the action has been lowered a LOT after I disassembled it. I'd appreciate it if someone would help me.
Gear
Fender Hotrod Deville 2x12
Fender MIM Strat | Epi Dot 335
Fulltone '69 mkii | Boss OD-1
'95 RAT2 | '78 IC Big Muff | DL4
Last edited by ZeroChan at Dec 15, 2008,
somehow youve managed to break the laws of physics.

There is no way every note you fret is the same note,
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

wth o_O
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
But it does. I'm not even exaggerating on that one. Like every fret has the same note.
Gear
I don't see how thats possible. Maybe you should try tuning it
I leik music
you say your action seems much lower, well is your string touching the highest fret? that would make playing any fret the same pitch because its just playing the highest fret anyway and havingsuper low action could cause that.
take the neck off again and carefully put it back. you must have put it on angled back a bit.
Quote by bass7player21
you say your action seems much lower, well is your string touching the highest fret? that would make playing any fret the same pitch because its just playing the highest fret anyway and havingsuper low action could cause that.

I think you got it dude. 21st down, it only plays E, but it plays F on 22nd. Too bad I lost my action tool thingy. I'm gonna go grab some tomorrow.

But is there a way that I lowered my action without even doing anything to the bridge?
Gear
Last edited by ZeroChan at Dec 15, 2008,
Take the neck off again and put it on making sure that its bolted evenly to the guitar then raise your action back up to where it was originally and that may solve the problem.If its a trem bridge then taking the neck off like that and taking all the strings off in one go could be the cause behind the problem.

If all else fails take it to a knowledgeable person or tech.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I fixed it guys, all I needed was that small allen wrench. Thank you all.
Gear