Alright here's the deal. I've always been into heavy music (metal, hardcore, post-hardcore, etc...) but lately ive been listening to some poppier stuff. I'm currently in a hardcore band but i wanna start something new. I wanna know some opionions on this song i wrote and see if I can write other styles of music. I would love to write music like this and start another band but i wanna know what other people think of the song.

Will C4C too. Im just looking for some feedback

**The drums are midi cause im not very good at actually playing em haha
Last edited by RIxHardcore at Dec 15, 2008,
I like this alot! some guy commented on your profile about how you can hear the hardcore influences and they're definitely there but this song is really good all in all, and i know it's not standard pop procedure but i think a short guitar solo (a happy one of course) would sound absolutely awesome here
DAMN, this is great, seriously you could probably get signed to a label with that. The lead is great and fits with the rhythm perfectly, plus I love the little bit o hardcore flavor.
Quote by Bendybaws
Gentlemen please, lower your boners

I'm referring to the '...my girlfriends tits' thread

That song is great, man! If you add some singing/screaming in there it would be awesome. Unlike most other songs on UG, I would definately listen to that in my free time
I hate my sig
Dude I hella like it, it sounded pretty awesome, kind of like FOB, but with more of a hardcore metal influence (their guitarist is a metalhead), sounds nice tho, btw, thanks for the crit!

EDIT: I agree with the dude who said he wouldn't mind listening to it on his free time.

Could I get an MP3? And some other songs you wrote, cause quality was good, and it kept me on the edge of my seat.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.
Last edited by evortre at Dec 15, 2008,
I actually liked this. For the most part it didn't get too cliche pop rock. It kind reminded me of A New Found Glory. And they were one of the first bands I got into lol Good stuff though.
thats really cool, it sounds like something I would have on my iPod. with lyrics and vocals this song would be really good.
haha, well you asked if i could critique this, but honestly i can't. Meaning i cant really pick out anything wrong or bad about it. Is it the type of music i usually listen to, no, but i still thought it was real cool the heavier sound with a more as u say "poppy" sound, was a cool combination. Like he said up there i think a cool lil solo would fit in there, im not an expert on the genre but i dont see how it wouldnt work if that was somethin you thought bout doin, if not its fine as it is too. Get some lyrics to that, haha! Also what did you use for the drums? I know you said midi, but...what prog or w/e
Quote by shinedown98
haha, well you asked if i could critique this, but honestly i can't. Meaning i cant really pick out anything wrong or bad about it. Is it the type of music i usually listen to, no, but i still thought it was real cool the heavier sound with a more as u say "poppy" sound, was a cool combination. Like he said up there i think a cool lil solo would fit in there, im not an expert on the genre but i dont see how it wouldnt work if that was somethin you thought bout doin, if not its fine as it is too. Get some lyrics to that, haha! Also what did you use for the drums? I know you said midi, but...what prog or w/e

I actually just did this all in garageband. I Direct-ined my guitar into the input and used the guitar presets to get the sound i wanted, it can be a little noisy but overall, not bad. I did the same for the bass and i just made the drums using the "rock kit" preset.

Quote by evortre
Could I get an MP3? And some other songs you wrote, cause quality was good, and it kept me on the edge of my seat.

Im actually working on a new one with the same kind of sound (still needs a few parts and alot of tweaking), but i dont really wanna hand out mp3's just for personal reasons. But if you like heavy music, i have my band which i play guitar in and do most of the writing:
www.myspace.com/somethingfornothingband
I use Garageband too. Howd you get that distortion tone? The built in effects dont sound near that good
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
I use Garageband too. Howd you get that distortion tone? The built in effects dont sound near that good

I just used the "modern rock" tone for that one. I didnt even tweak it. the guitars are panned at -32 and 32 as well. But thats all i did
ah, now by bass im sure you mean you plugged that in too, is there any programs out there that like drums (ezdrummer) you could program bass? I have ezdrummer, but i suck with it so far, hahaha. need to put some time into that i think
Quote by shinedown98
ah, now by bass im sure you mean you plugged that in too, is there any programs out there that like drums (ezdrummer) you could program bass? I have ezdrummer, but i suck with it so far, hahaha. need to put some time into that i think

You can make the bass with midis too the same exact way as you program the drums
I'm not a big fan of hardcore, but the guitar work is spot on, and everything fits together well. wish ya the best of luck!
GAS List:
Nothing
Quote by RIxHardcore
I actually just did this all in garageband. I Direct-ined my guitar into the input and used the guitar presets to get the sound i wanted, it can be a little noisy but overall, not bad. I did the same for the bass and i just made the drums using the "rock kit" preset.

Im actually working on a new one with the same kind of sound (still needs a few parts and alot of tweaking), but i dont really wanna hand out mp3's just for personal reasons. But if you like heavy music, i have my band which i play guitar in and do most of the writing:
www.myspace.com/somethingfornothingband

Aw, alright, well, get your album out haha
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.
not my type of personal music taste, but very clean and smooth. nice job mang
Nice work. I thought the lead and rhythm went together really well, and the whole song has great quality and is really tight. Reminds me of a heavier Blink 182.

The only thing I would mention is about the part at 0.22-0.45. When I first heard it I couldn't get the timing right in my head, but when it came around again later on it seemed to fit and flow better. I wouldn't say it's a critique coz it's probably my fault lol.
TRANSFORMICE

Hey man, it was really good. I enjoyed the heavier influences in this on top of the poppish nature of the song. Its a great job. Somewhat mainstream, but you kinda need to be these days to get signed. haha.