I played one for the first time in a music store the other day and I found it quite enjoyable even though I couldn't play it for sh*t. anyone know how to play one or have tips on how?
UG's Prodigal Son
my friend had a guitar, then bought a banjo, then a ukelele, then a mandolin, then a theramin...

it's the start of a weird instrument progression
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
my friend had a guitar, then bought a banjo, then a ukelele, then a mandolin, then a theramin...

it's the start of a weird instrument progression

Not really. I've never played or felt compelled to play a uke or a mandolin and I've never even heard of a theramin. I like the banjo because its fun and everybody at my highschool already considers me a redneck
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by lunaticfringe93
Not really. I've never played or felt compelled to play a uke or a mandolin and I've never even heard of a theramin. I like the banjo because its fun and everybody at my highschool already considers me a redneck

he never thought he'd play a uke or mandolin either.. that's the sad part...

haha anyways,
A theramin is the only instrument you don't actually touch to play.. it's electrical, sounds like feedback, and you can youtube it... it's kinda cool, but weird
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
he never thought he'd play a uke or mandolin either.. that's the sad part...

haha anyways,
A theramin is the only instrument you don't actually touch to play.. it's electrical, sounds like feedback, and you can youtube it... it's kinda cool, but weird

Holy **** theremin is awesome
UG's Prodigal Son
don't be a gay.
Gear
American Deluxe Stratocaster
Deluxe Reverb Reissue
I know a whole lot of chords, but not much else. I'd consider myself an average player.

You should learn, it's a lot of fun.
Quote by clyne39
don't be a gay.

Don't be a close minded prick

Quote by HandsomeFrank
I know a whole lot of chords, but not much else. I'd consider myself an average player.

You should learn, it's a lot of fun.

was it difficult to learn
UG's Prodigal Son
I really want to learn the Banjo. My mum tells me my Grandpa had one before he died (11 years ago) and we don't know where it went. Possibly with my Uncle whom I see once every 5 years (approx) the jerk... I guess it must be a fairly vintage banjo and if they are anything like vintage guitars then it might be worth a bit, who knows... I should really do something about contacting my jerk of an uncle.