So I just picked up my first 7 string and I want to replace the stock neck pickup.I play a lot of metal and stuff with distortion but I play bluesy clean music as well.

It already has a SD Invader in the bridge so the distortion is covered so can anyone suggest a warmer 7 string neck pup that can do cleans well?

Any help is much appreciated folks.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Ive liked the Dimarzio Air norton in the neck, the leads you can coaxe out of that are pretty damn tasty. But it might be worth playing around with a few different pickups on guitars in music shops etc, so you can see what you're actually looking for.

Also have just tried reworking your EQ slightly, ive always found that spending a little bit of time at the basic signal can sometimes sort it, rather than shelling out for a new pickup straight away.
I have tried messing with my EQ and all that,the pup still sounds like mud and lacks good definition.

The air norton or the PAF look nice,but then I noticed the Blaze neck pup.

I wish Dimarzio did'nt make so many appealing pups because it gets hard to decide.

If I could find a 7 string version of the Duncan '59 though this would all be solved instantly.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut

If I could find a 7 string version of the Duncan '59 though this would all be solved instantly.

There is one if I'm not mistaken.
ಠ_ಠ
Yeah duncan do the '59 in a 7 string version, it used to come stock with the JB on the old Schecter blackjack models.