My local shop has one that just came in used for $170. I played it, and it feels really nice, but I didn't get a chance to plug it in. What's the humbucker like? Is the sound super warm and bassy? I like a lot of mids and sharp bite. I only own one bass, so I was thinking I should have a backup (espeically since I'll be gigging a LOT next semester). For $170, is this bass worth picking up after Christmas if I have the money left over?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I havn't played one but judging by the position of the pickup, its probably on the muddy side. They are beautiful though.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
It's a huge, massive, treble-less mud tone. Not as bad as the EB-0, but plenty close. It's by no stretch a main bass, but it's a fun sound to have in the arsenal.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
The one I played recently had a vintage thump to it. Fitz is right--it does lack quite a bit of treble but R & B songs sound really sweet on it. Its not hard to get a good Jamerson tone out of one of those babies.
huge sound. no bite or attack. lots of low mids
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Alright, Well I'll talk to my tech and see how much it would cost to put a MM humbucker in that thing in the bridge position. If he could do that for me, it might be worth it as a project bass.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I have the bass(you can see it in my avatar) and it's good if you want a warm thumpy bass tone. Like a Gibson EBO except not muddy. It dosen't get much use anymore because now I favor my jazz bass, but it has the best feeling neck I've ever played. It's sorta like a slimmed down precision bass neck. It has a 1.6 width but the best thing about it is that the back of the neck is satin finished like the american standard fenders. I'd put that neck on my jazz bass if it weren't for that damn square-heel neck it has
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack