Page 1 of 5
Quote by evanm31
I'm not arguing for or against evolution, I'm just saying that this guy doesn't understand evolution at all.

But it belongs in that thread.

And there's no need to argue for it. We already know it's happening.

To the CvE thread with it!
Ahhhh. I hate these things. Nobody can explain how the world came to be. It's way too strange a concept for anyone to "understand". You can't fight about it either, because you'll just end up offending someone.
Quote by ChrisBG
Ahhhh. I hate these things. Nobody can explain how the world came to be. Nobody. It's way too strange a concept. You can't fight about it either, because you'll just end up offending someone.

Personally I don't give two ****s if it offends someones religion, when what I'm saying is scientifically evident.

As for the world (in the sense of life) scientists use Abiogenesis, or similar concepts, to explain how life began on Earth. My thing is evolution, though, so I don't know much about Abiogenesis.
Quote by evanm31

You HAVE to be kidding me, right?

I would also like to state that evolution is real. You wouldn't have a lot of drugs without it...but i believe that is for another thread...
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Quote by A8039077
You HAVE to be kidding me, right?

I would also like to state that evolution is real. You wouldn't have a lot of drugs without it...but i believe that is for another thread...

It is, but seeing as this thread is still open, we'll discuss it here

And if ANYONE says that it's "just a theory"

prepare to have a definition thrown at you.
Quote by ChrisBG
Ahhhh. I hate these things. Nobody can explain how the world came to be. It's way too strange a concept for anyone to "understand". You can't fight about it either, because you'll just end up offending someone.

But we do know how the world came to be.
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
Quote by marc137
But we do know how the world came to be.

doesn't everyone just think the world was created in a certain way? Be it religion or the Big Bang Theory or whatever, No one really knows for sure.

Evolution on the other hand, doesn't care how the world was created, its just a natural process that is here, whether or not god made it.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Quote by an epic mistake
doesn't everyone just think the world was created in a certain way? Be it religion or the Big Bang Theory or whatever, No one really knows for sure.

Evolution on the other hand, doesn't care how the world was created, its just a natural process that is here, whether or not god made it.

There's a difference in thinking based on faith and thinking based on evidence and explanations.

We know more on how the big bang happened than we do on God creating it, so we go with the best explanation. That explanation being the big bang (or in case of life, Abiogenesis/clay theory/what have you)
Quote by an epic mistake
The Big Bang Theory is pretty much ''for sure'' it fits all the observations.
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
Watching any pro-creationist video is like being hit by the stupidtrain at full speed. Old news.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
"Life or Non-life, apart from gods devine intervention, is a fairy tale. But depsite that obvious truth..."

I dont think the evolution has ever said that god doesnt exist for sure. Just downplays the creation story. Many people who believe in evolution believe it is part of Gods plan, to experiment with life and gradually improve it by trial and error, and adaptation.

Darwin himself believed in God even when he pioneered the evollution theory, but he didnt publish his theory or tell many people about it until 4 years after his findings so he was no hated. and because of his faith.
Last edited by Azwethinkwedo at Dec 15, 2008,
Quote by Kensai
Watching any pro-creationist video is like being hit by the stupidtrain at full speed. Old news.

Don't you just love the look on their faces, though? They look so un-evolved coincidentally. Ya know, big brow ridges, hairy knuckles and arms.

"I believe God created me in one day"

...Yea, looks like he rushed it.

/Bill Hicks skit.
Is this not like some satirical video? Please?
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Is this not like some satirical video? Please?

Sadly no

People ARE that dumb. The banana one is funnier, though, IMO.

Someone said that to me once, they said "The banana fits perfectly in the human hand, that means God must have created us."

And I followed by saying "Well it also fits in the gorillas hand perfectly, we must have evolved from them."

I know my response was stupid (I was being sarcastic), but the person actually thought about it
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Don't you just love the look on their faces, though? They look so un-evolved coincidentally. Ya know, big brow ridges, hairy knuckles and arms.

"I believe God created me in one day"

...Yea, looks like he rushed it.

/Bill Hicks skit.

I love that skit

Quote by Azwethinkwedo
"Life or Non-life, apart from gods devine intervention, is a fairy tale. But depsite that obvious truth..."

I dont think the evolution has ever said that god doesnt exist for sure. Just downplays the creation story. Many people who believe in evolution believe it is part of Gods plan, to experiment with life and gradually improve it by trial and error, and adaptation.

Darwin himself believed in God even when he pioneered the evollution theory, but he didnt publish his theory or tell many people about it until 4 years after his findings so he was no hated. and because of his faith.

The reason why evolution doesn't mention god is because why should it? In science you try to make as few assumptions as possible. For some reason that's perfectly ok when it comes to gravity, medicine, e.t.c. but when it comes to evolution apparently every evolutionists is persecuting christians because god isn't being mentioned.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Sadly no

People ARE that dumb. The banana one is funnier, though, IMO.

Someone said that to me once, they said "The banana fits perfectly in the human hand, that means God must have created us."

And I followed by saying "Well it also fits in the gorillas hand perfectly, we must have evolved from them."

I know my response was stupid (I was being sarcastic), but the person actually thought about it

I use the exact same response!

"Yeah that's what we call a variable, kids."
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Whoaa!!! He's totally right..........I've never opened peanut butter and found new life!! Evolution MUST be a lie. Thanks for clearing that up.

Although.......I once opened a can of mixed nuts and this strange, snake/spring creature jumped out ...........now I'm confused!!
Quote by irok660
Whoaa!!! He's totally right..........I've never opened peanut butter and found new life!! Evolution MUST be a lie. Thanks for clearing that up.

Although.......I once opened a can of mixed nuts and this strange, snake/spring creature jumped out ...........now I'm confused!!

I honestly would like to use this on someone who argues against evolution via peanut butter.
Theory
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
^thanks
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by 0RI0N
Scientific Theory backed by a whole lot of fact.

There ya go.

Who's to say God created everything, then let evolution continue it? Think about that one.
Quote by bendystraw
I find bacteria in my peanut butter all the time.

You're not supposed to buy it if the seal is broken.

>_>

<_<

(that's what she said)
Guys, I went to make some peanut butter today, but as soon as I opened the lid, a giant bear leaped out.

Curse you Peanut Butter!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Well, I don't think you can provide a worse argument.
By his logic, when you wake up your floor could have changed into new life.
For an engineer, he doesn't seem to understand very basic laws of physics.
Quote by Simsimius
Guys, I went to make some peanut butter today, but as soon as I opened the lid, a giant bear leaped out.

Curse you Peanut Butter!

Your joke was not in vain man, I loled

Im not commenting on this thread as to not offend any creationists..whatever you wanna believe you go right ahead man, whatever makes you happy.

edited because I for some reason put "youre" instead of "your" and it was pissing me off
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Last edited by yellowfrizbee at Dec 15, 2008,
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Youre joke was not in vain man, I loled

Im not commenting on this thread as to not offend any creationists..whatever you wanna believe you go right ahead man, whatever makes you happy.

I wish I had this self control.

Hear this, creationists: You are all morons. You have no coherent aspect of reasoning, and I don't care how offended you are by me saying this, it's 100% correct.
Quote by technicolour
lol^, why peanut butter anyways?

Because life kept popping up in everything else
Wow...... just.... wow...
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I wish I had this self control.

Hear this, creationists: You are all morons. You have no coherent aspect of reasoning, and I don't care how offended you are by me saying this, it's 100% correct.

Rofl I dont deserve the compliment I had a huge inconsiderate rant-- excuse me-- ESSAY, typed out on that post....then I stared at the screen for a while..calmed myself, controlled my emotions, and typed out that well mannered considerate post you see before you

Trust me, everything you are thinking right now on this topic..im thinking too (and just as passionately). I just kinda think..some people NEED to believe in this stuff for personal reasons or just to give themselves a reason to live etc...so I just leave it be and try to be sensitive about it. Its kinda like you wouldnt go bullying little kids about how santa clause isnt real ..ya just dont care ya know?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Rofl I dont deserve the compliment I had a huge inconsiderate rant-- excuse me-- ESSAY, typed out on that post....then I stared at the screen for a while..calmed myself, controlled my emotions, and typed out that well mannered considerate post you see before you

Trust me, everything you are thinking right now on this topic..im thinking too (and just as passionately). I just kinda think..some people NEED to believe in this stuff for personal reasons or just to give themselves a reason to live etc...so I just leave it be and try to be sensitive about it. Its kinda like you wouldnt go bullying little kids about how santa clause isnt real ..ya just dont care ya know?

Well I think any belief in supernatural is unreasonable, and that living off of faith is even more unreasonable, and actually dangerous. I see no reason why people's faith should be treated as "unarguable" and "sensitive." That belongs in the religion thread, however, and I won't get into it here.

If you want to hear what my view on it is, Youtube "Richard Dawkins."
Quote by Guitardude19
Hold me back.

Im going to kill some fucking fundamentalist christians.... Hold me back.

*intentionally let's him go*

You told the wrong person to prevent you from killing creationists
Quote by bendystraw
There ya go.

Who's to say God created everything, then let evolution continue it? Think about that one.

People can say that if they like.
Until they provide evidence it means nothing.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Page 1 of 5