My parents are buying me a few pedals for xmas, so far they hav agreed on Dulop Crybaby Classic, DS-1, RC-2 and CE-5... now,, i am wanting a boost type pedal.. either the CS-3 or a MXR Micro Amp.... which 1 is best and why??

cheers
Why are you going with a majority of boss pedals? Have you tried them and compared to other brands?

Anyway, the CS-3 is a compressor, its not going to give you much of a boost. The Micro amp will do you better, IF YOU HAVE A TUBE AMP. With a SS amp you are going to get nasty clipping if you turn that pedal up.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
i would pass on the ds-1 and the ce5 there are better pedals out there for the mony

i would get a vox wah instead crybaby's have crapped out on me alot in the past (i went through three)
i love my rc2 though

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

ditch the DS-1, since it plain sucks, and the booster cuz it wont do much help on a ss amp. considering how many pedals your buying, you could just ditch them all get a new amp altogether. it would be a big sacrifice, but in the long run, it would be better
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Forget about the DS-1, it's awful.

I don't see much point in the Microamp.

And I wasn't particularly impressed by the CE-5...I liked the EHX Small Clone better.

And last, instead of buying a couple of mediocre pedals, like the CE-5 and the DS-1 and the Crybaby, get a better wah, like these ones:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Budda-BudWah-Wah-Pedal?sku=152111
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ernie-Ball-6185-Wah-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=150587
Quote by frusciante_funk
My parents are buying me a few pedals for xmas, so far they hav agreed on Dulop Crybaby Classic, DS-1, RC-2 and CE-5... now,, i am wanting a boost type pedal.. either the CS-3 or a MXR Micro Amp.... which 1 is best and why??

cheers

The CS-3 is a compressor, whereas the MXR is a boot pedal. On a SS amp, the MXR will just throw more dirt into your signal, whereas it will do what it's supposed to--signal boost--on a tube amp.

However, I will echo the advice of others in this thread; get a new amp.