i want to learn how to play this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2lQiZ8fUfs

if i'm correct, he's playing it in 16th notes. so, if i have my metronome set at 60 BPM, (some people play before the click or after it, i play on it) i have to play 3 notes per click, correct? i'm trying to make sense of timing. i don't have trouble with rhyme (i guess i have natural rhyme?) i just can't play that fast, so it's more of a speed thing.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
It's four, not three.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
16th notes would be four per click not three.
right idea though, start playing at 60, when you can play with out any slopiness or mistakes, bump it up 5bpm, if it's too hard try bumping it up 2bpm each time, painstakingly slow I know but you'll thank me in two years
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
yeah i spelled it wrong sorry. and thanks evening crow, i don't know why i thought it was 3.

so if 16th notes are 4 notes per click, what are the others? i can't remember which is which, been so long since i paid anything attention to this stuff -_-
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
Quote by ReinventingEvil
yeah i spelled it wrong sorry. and thanks evening crow, i don't know why i thought it was 3.

so if 16th notes are 4 notes per click, what are the others? i can't remember which is which, been so long since i paid anything attention to this stuff -_-

You were thinking triplets.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
that's so ****in random. that guy was my guitar teacher. which is funny because I'm not really a metal guitarist at all, it was short lived. but he's so ****in good.
Yeah that was right. 4 per click.

Also since you are trying to build speed, make sure you are absolutely comfortable and can play the particular pattern in your sleep with no effort at all before you increase speed. If you don't, you will probably start building tension in your arm/shoulder and it will hold you back.