So I just had my second hand Peavey practice amp die on me,so my Carvin is lonely.

I dont know a whole lot about bass amps being a guitarist that plays bass on the side so I figured I'd ask you vets what I should get.

My price range is about 500 dollars
It doesn't need to be insanely loud,enough for jamming and smaller gigs
A nice EQ would be a big plus
Versatility as well since I play a range of styles

Any help is much appreciated.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

$500, small gigs, and a good EQ? Done, done, and done.

https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=BR15

Now your Carvin can have a friend AND a cousin!

There are quite a few others that would fit the bill too, but to me that one seemed like exactly what you were describing.

edit: Closeup
edit again: Is it just me, or do those settings suck?
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 15, 2008,
+1

Carvin puts out some awesome bass amps. And that leaves you with extra for a monster bass cable.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I was actually looking at that amp,I figure a carvin bass and a carvin amp would be a good match haha.

The only thing is I've heard some bad things about their lower end bass amps,but this was an older series (red line or something like that,cant remember the name too well) and they might have fixed everything with the BR series.That aside it does look like it has everything I need and would be a big step up from my fried basic 112 in sound and features.

I'll hunt around for more info and reviews about it.

EDIT: I just noticed that for 100 bucks more than I planned on spending I could get the 600 watt BR with an upgraded EQ and features and a neodym driver,it may be more sound than I need but that just seems like a lot more amp for not a lot more cash and a pretty sweat deal.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Dec 15, 2008,
^ That is a good deal indeed. Keep in mind, though, that you won't get the full wattage without another cab, possibly more. I'm not sure what the impedance of that driver is. Still, it's a full BX600...crazy-good features on that thing

edit: The only thing I could find bad about it is that you can't defeat the compressor...I wonder if that holds true for the BX600? It looks like they use the same parts, so I would assume so, but I've never noticed it...I'll have to test that.

Quote by Revelation
And that leaves you with extra for a monster bass cable.
was that a serious post?
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 15, 2008,