Hi all

I got an ESP AX-50 today, and was wondering if I could attach a Floyd Rose tremolo bridge to it? The guitar currently has a Tune-O-Matic bridge

Any help would be appreciated
it would be nearly impossible, especially taking in that you didn't know that, cuz you would have to be a pro to do somethin like that
It's possible, I think. If you really want a Floyd Rose on that guitar, just take it to the shop and ask them to do it for you. Then give them heaps of money.
Last edited by leephan at Dec 15, 2008,
You can get floyd roses that wont require any routing, they just attatch to the tune-o-matic parts, but they're like hard as to find.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo

okay.

you would need a routing diagram a locking nut and to have the skills to make some rather large holes in your guitar without screwing it up completely.
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by Jesstaa
You can get floyd roses that wont require any routing, they just attatch to the tune-o-matic parts, but they're like hard as to find.

your thinking stetsbar. they are 350usd though.
It's perfectly possible.

But it's not so much "attach" as "rout masive chunks out of the body, carefully align it, screw it in, do a quick test, possibly remove the neck to add a shim, then spend ages setting up the guitar".
you can but reasons not to do it..

cheap guitar..
resale price of floyd rose is more than ur guitar..
your body is agathis..
your wallet could save the cash for a guitar with OFR..
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by yanko693
your thinking stetsbar. they are 350usd though.

no, there's a LP floyd.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.