Hi hi,
i've been playing guitar for about two months, and was just wondering if ppl would put their opinion in this forum.
Next year for my elective in highschool, i've chosen music. I know how to read tabs and all that but i cant really play songs yet, because iv dedicated most of my time following the steps in guitar books my guitar teacher told me to get.
We have to do performances, study and play a genre of music we pick. I didnt pick music in the last 2 years because when we could change our subjects, i hated doing the subject, partly because i was into rap when i was 14. And we learnt most of the stuff like treble clefts and things like that back then.
I want to play in a band when im older or do music production when im older so it will come in handy, i just don't know if im prepared or not.
Morale of the story: i dont really know if im ready to do performances and all that stuff yet because of the short time. so should i change to another subject, or do music.
yes
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
do music.
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
If you're not man enough to make your own decisions then no. No you are not allowed to pursue music in any shape or form.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Well I did music when I knew very little about it, it wasn't exactly what I expected. If you're not confident within yourself quite yet the performances might not be too fun... but learning the basics of theory (not just surrounding guitar) is useful and helps you appreciate different types of music.
I ended up being first in the class for theory and screwed performances though! Go figure anyway I'd say give it a shot, at least you're interested in the subject. That or your musical spirit will be crushed and you'll lose your passion... which happened to me but it's getting better now!
You might just suck at it, like a few guys in my music class, haha.

Performances should be about 50% of your total marks, so you should practice that as well as your theory, aural skills and musicology, depending on what you're doing throughout the year.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
Honestly, most people aren't ready for their first performance.
It's just the nerves.
Gotta jump in sometime though.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
dont drop it, i started my yr 12 course this term, and its easy to get a good UAI and a good mark for it, my advice is:

to aim for 3 hardish songs for your level and start learning them NOW! plan time at home to study music, whether it is playing, doing exercises on guitar, or theory, which you should be able to learn all theory needed in class,

i recommend if you arent too familiar with music at the moment, to not choose a composition. get 3 songs and practice them, and you will nail them by the time the hsc comes around if you put in. you will be fine! DONT DROP IT

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Practice your whole ****in life. That's how I got good really quick. Just start with some sabbath songs, then move to Megadeth where the instruments are complex but playable.