is there any software that works like guitar rig 3? Remember.. 64 bit Vista, not normal 32-bit. Something like standalone where i can just plug in and play. For some reason I can't find any specifically for 64-bit Windows Vista. I don't have an amp right now, so its a bit important. haha. Thanks! Sorry if this is in the wrong place, by the way.
Quote by khariii
is there any software that works like guitar rig 3? Remember.. 64 bit Vista, not normal 32-bit. Something like standalone where i can just plug in and play. For some reason I can't find any specifically for 64-bit Windows Vista. I don't have an amp right now, so its a bit important. haha. Thanks! Sorry if this is in the wrong place, by the way.

There isn't, dual boot a copy of XP or just install Vista 32 bit, there really aren't any advantage to the average user, as there is very little software that can make use of 64bit.
I think, that a korg px5d work's with windows vista x64, i have both so i will check it out, i remember it working, but i think it decided to stop working as of late, no doubt somethings happend to my install.

Anyway i cannot find another ASIO input device that works with vista, pretty much nothing is compaitable with it, as far as i know.

If you bought the korg you could put into bypass mode and run it into the computer via USB, use the korg ASIO driver with guitar rig 3 and have a really nice setup, but i havent found a way to record this directly on the computer. I think it's to do with the limits of the way windows handles soundcards, you cant have it monitor in/ out at the same time, like record ASIO input, playback from guitar rig 3 and record into some DAW software at the same time.

But i know that you can record straight from the korg, and it doesnt sound all that bad.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
All modelling software that works for 32 bit vista will work with 64-bit vista. The only thing that 64 bit makes a difference to is the drivers for your sound card.

The only software I have which is actually 64-bit (so it takes advantage of the 64 bit OS) and music related is Cubase 4, which has a decent (useable) 64-bit amp modelling plug-in.

Quote by Daniel8488

Anyway i cannot find another ASIO input device that works with vista, pretty much nothing is compaitable with it, as far as i know.

A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
I use the 64 bit version on my laptop and Guitar Rig 3, Amplitube, ReValver, Gearbox, POD Farm, etc. all work on it.

So does Reaper, Audacity, Kristal and Cubase.

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Dec 15, 2008,