I'm planning to purchase a 62 vintage stratocaster this week friday, FINALLY, and it's from Fender Japan.
I have more trust towards Japanese strats, no offense to Mexico, but it will be about 800 to 700 dollars.

There are from 54 to 72 strats, but I chose the 62 because everyone said most improvement happened in that era.
If you disagree, please tell me why.
I don't want to get a standard because I want that fat Texas pickup sound that SRV had.
mexico + texas special pups?
also if i am correct.. you dont hold ibanez in high regard do you..what about the japanese ones, that are practically strats..just SUPER.
Go american if ur getting a strat..or get a mex with texas spesh
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by fairycake92
mexico + texas special pups?
also if i am correct.. you dont hold ibanez in high regard do you..what about the japanese ones, that are practically strats..just SUPER.
Go american if ur getting a strat..or get a mex with texas spesh

I want that single coil sound for my blues playing, I'm interested in playing blues and southern rock (Cream, Clapton, Santana, Allman Brothers...) than anything else with some of the usual 70s hard rock like Deep Purple, Aerosmith, and Led Zeppelin.

I'd get an Ibanez if I wanted to heavy metal but I'm not interested at all in that so I don't see a point.
Trust me I played several Ibanzes and I didn't like any of them, from the feeling to the sound.

Mexican ones are rare in Japan, and I played some of them but I found the Japanese Strats to be more comfortable to my taste so I'm going to get a Jap Strat.
American ones are nice but their cost is just way out of my league.
dont get one they are ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET A GIBSON STRAT THEY ARE ACE FOR THE MONEY
Gibson Strat?
Quote by amitbob21
ok im a noob at slapping. Is it my strings or do i just suck at slapping? I have a squier fender J bass(im a noob). Im thinking of getting Ibanez GSR200

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife
Quote by BassRichardson
Gibson Strat?

I know, what is he talking about...

They can't be ****, Fender Strats are the most popular line of electric guitars ever, they can't be terrible.
jackathy is just a troll, who has been reported by various users in various threads, do not feed the troll, just wait for the banhammer i predict.

some say the japanese models are better than the american models, although i'd say in terms of build quality they are on par, but greatly lacking in the hardware department in comparison to their american counterparts. all you really need is a pickup swap to get it to sound amazing, though, and they sound great 'out of the box'.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Japanese fenders are superb.

End of.

I prefer them hugely to the americans. And I went through about 40 strats and tele's from all over the world on my guitar finding quest.
Quote by Blompcube
jackathy is just a troll, who has been reported by various users in various threads, do not feed the troll, just wait for the banhammer i predict.

some say the japanese models are better than the american models, although i'd say in terms of build quality they are on par, but greatly lacking in the hardware department in comparison to their american counterparts. all you really need is a pickup swap to get it to sound amazing, though, and they sound great 'out of the box'.

It's become like a de facto law in Japan for the shop or the online store to ALWAYS have the guitar set up before it gets bought for free.
I heard many guitars in the States had that problem, where the customer had to set them up every time he bought a guitar.
But that's also your preference.

One of the patriotic **** that I get into (sorry) when I talk about my country is that I believe that we are the greatest skilled craftsmen in the world.
We produce magic with cheap money.

Obviously the USA ones would have better pickups and stuff, but I think I'm fine with a Jap Strat, as I love to call it.