Hey all,

Just got a guitar about 2 days ago and need some more drills for practicing notes and chords. Does any one have any?

and how long should it take aprox to be able to complete a scale well, and be able to play basic chords?

Thanks heaps if you can answer
drills?

there is no aprox amount of time as to how long it will be untill you can play chords and scales, only you can answer that with your dedication and time
Start off playing simple chords... if you want exersizes .. just do chormatic ... and slowly speed up... also use petanatic... just start slow and keep building speed
Look up some tabs to some simpler songs that you know
break it down and play everything slow

everyone learns at their own pace, so don't worry if you feel like others are learning faster.

Build up your vocabulary of songs, scales, riffs and chords through UG
and make sure to check out the technique sticky in the AT section of the forum.
Look up and work on alternate picking

and make sure you learn everything cleanly.

Practice regularly and you'll soon start being able to play peices of more and more difficulty.

Good luck!
im also a beginner and been playin for a week straight and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they no any fairly simple songs that i cud try n learn??would be much appreciated folks
Don't worry about scales yet, concentrate on chords for the time being - once you've got a bit more control over your picking hand you can start to think about single note lines. Don't start getting hung up on "speed" either, it's simply not something you should concern yourself with - concentrate on accuracy.

The best drill for practicing chords is practicing chords - once you've got the hang of a couple of them start looking for simple, chord-based songs.

Quote by harribo87
im also a beginner and been playin for a week straight and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they no any fairly simple songs that i cud try n learn??would be much appreciated folks

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019644
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Dec 15, 2008,