I'm seriously thinking about buying either an Orange Rocker 30 or an AD30, can someone give me the pros and cons of each, because I've only played with them in store I can't really crank it and see how it really sounds. 2 of my fav bands use AD30's but the Rocker 30 look very nice aswel and the only differance I could see in the shop was the Rocker had 3 channels and the AD30 had 2. I play rock to heavy rock stuff but also use alot of cleans.
GEAR.

Schecter C1 FR Alpine White
Epi SG 310 (Heavily Modded)
Pod X3 Live
Orange AD30TC

YEAH!
Hey man i think you are confused..I don't think bands use AD series, Do you mean AC30??
Anw, both of the choices are good, but orange attracts me more
That's my opinion, it's better to try both of them and see what suits you more

I hope i helped a little

EDIT**:If you mean AD series not AC go with the orange because it's all tube
Quote by MetalMan-93
Hey man i think you are confused..I don't think bands use AD series, Do you mean AC30??
Anw, both of the choices are good, but orange attracts me more
That's my opinion, it's better to try both of them and see what suits you more

I hope i helped a little

EDIT**:If you mean AD series not AC go with the orange because it's all tube

Orange make an amp called the Orange AD30TC, I can't really try them very well in the shop because there to loud, but they both have good reviews so I might just go for it and hope I like it.

EDIT: theres a handful of bands out there that use them. If you were keen you could find out who on the orange site.
GEAR.

Pod X3 Live
Orange AD30TC

YEAH!
Quote by 13-GUITARIST
Orange make an amp called the Orange AD30TC, I can't really try them very well in the shop because there to loud, but they both have good reviews so I might just go for it and hope I like it.

EDIT: theres a handful of bands out there that use them. If you were keen you could find out who on the orange site.

SORRY SORRY :p

I Understood you were talking about VOX AD30VT xD
Quote by MetalMan-93
SORRY SORRY :p

I Understood you were talking about VOX AD30VT xD

I would never buy a valve tronics they sound crap to my ears, I thought you were referring to a vox ac30 which I considered buying. Anyway, anyone have opinions on those two amps I mentioned in my first post?
GEAR.

Pod X3 Live
Orange AD30TC

YEAH!
The Rocker 30 has two channels, not three. Anyway, both amps are very nice. I've played them too, and I have to say I have difficulties choosing between them too.

With the AD30 you basically have two distortion channels. Both channels can go from slight crunch to full on distortion, with channel 1 being used mostly for rhythm and channel 2 for lead. So you can dial in a rhyhtm and a lead tone, and switch channels for solos and stuff like that. If you want clean tones on the AD30, I suggest using channel 1 with low gain for that.

With the Rocker 30 you only have one distortion channel, which can do pretty much anything from bluesy overdrive to hard rock to screaming metal, but you also have a 'pure' clean channel, that only breaks up at the very end of the volume pot. The clean channel has no EQ though, so you'll have to fix the tone with your guitar when you're using that channel.

The only cons (for me) are that neither of them have an effects loop or reverb. If you can live with that, then it's okay, but if you really want an effects loop and/or reverb, I suggest looking at the Rockerverb 50 (the Rocker 30's bigger brother). Besides that I can't really find any cons (other than the high price maybe).

Judging by your need for heavy rock tones and good cleans I would go with the Rocker 30, but that's just my opinion. The best thing would probably be to try both of them out and see which amps cleans sound better to you, because distortion won't be a problem with either amp.

Other than that I can't give you any more advice. If you still need help, you should ask Rob Chappers (who I believe has an account on UG somewhere), cause he basically knows everything about any Orange amp.

Hope I helped!
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Quote by HollishGuy
The Rocker 30 has two channels, not three. Anyway, both amps are very nice. I've played them too, and I have to say I have difficulties choosing between them too.

With the AD30 you basically have two distortion channels. Both channels can go from slight crunch to full on distortion, with channel 1 being used mostly for rhythm and channel 2 for lead. So you can dial in a rhyhtm and a lead tone, and switch channels for solos and stuff like that. If you want clean tones on the AD30, I suggest using channel 1 with low gain for that.

With the Rocker 30 you only have one distortion channel, which can do pretty much anything from bluesy overdrive to hard rock to screaming metal, but you also have a 'pure' clean channel, that only breaks up at the very end of the volume pot. The clean channel has no EQ though, so you'll have to fix the tone with your guitar when you're using that channel.

The only cons (for me) are that neither of them have an effects loop or reverb. If you can live with that, then it's okay, but if you really want an effects loop and/or reverb, I suggest looking at the Rockerverb 50 (the Rocker 30's bigger brother). Besides that I can't really find any cons (other than the high price maybe).

Judging by your need for heavy rock tones and good cleans I would go with the Rocker 30, but that's just my opinion. The best thing would probably be to try both of them out and see which amps cleans sound better to you, because distortion won't be a problem with either amp.

Other than that I can't give you any more advice. If you still need help, you should ask Rob Chappers (who I believe has an account on UG somewhere), cause he basically knows everything about any Orange amp.

Hope I helped!

Thanks that did help alot, Because the AD30 has 2 distortion channels then I might be leaning towards that one and the combo is a cheaper option, now for another question, no one would happen to be selling one would they either of the amps???
GEAR.

Pod X3 Live
Orange AD30TC

YEAH!