ok so the other day I was screwing around on my 50th anniversary American deluxe strat... and then I hit both the 16th and 17th fret on the A-string (standard tuning) and I get this WEIRD ringing noise... I just tuned it the day before so... can other users of Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster (50th anniversary edition) please help and try this on their own guitars...and give me feedback?
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
natural harmonic

beautiful things really...
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
you have that guitar and you dont know what a natural harmonic is?

shame.
Quote by Mauri_wario
I would indeed "fap that thaing", but my dog is looking at me and it feels highly iinappropriate.
give him a break guys he's only been playing for a little while if you look at his join date
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
roflmao..you cand o that in a lot of other places to sounds very good on this guitar i have the same one
No,it isn't a harmonic it's a weird ringing noise in my amp kind of.. the kind that would break glass... and I've tried it on multiple amps and multiple cables... so...yeah...
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
No actually GOD37 I've been playing 6 years now (how long it would take to master the glass prison ;-P) but I only joined recently cuz I only found out about this site last year...
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
Quote by Dream Floyd
No,it isn't a harmonic it's a weird ringing noise in my amp kind of.. the kind that would break glass... and I've tried it on multiple amps and multiple cables... so...yeah...

funkalicious feedback....or a funkalicious pinch harmonic....you decide
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
yeah exactly...
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
yeah but do any of you have one? cuz' I wanna see if it's a(n) (awesome) problem with just my sexy beast or all of them...
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
Quote by GODhimself37
give him a break guys he's only been playing for a little while if you look at his join date

you do know people can play guitar before they join UG don't you?
at least i don't think jimmy page, eric clapton or jimi hendrix joined !
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
maybe your guitar's action is too low. When you fret the 16th or 17th it's causing a harmonic off of the fret. I would just the A strings bridge height up just a hair to see if that fixes the problem.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Thanx MESAexplorer, I did that and now it's cool
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
do you really have a problem or do you just want to tell everyone that you have"50th Anniversary Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster"
Yea he has nothing better than show off. So let me ask you this why you wrote all your expensive gear to your sig then if it disturbs you when people say what guitar they got.
OMG, I got one too. Lay off the kid, he had a question. Sometimes you have to be specific with guitars to get the most accurate answers.

The Edge III tremolo on my 8 string is significantly different than one on any RG3xx series? By saying my Edge III bridge is screwed up, who would know which one you're talking about. You could also say the later 2008 and new 2009 Gibsons are different guitars and might require a different answer. Lets face it, with strats, there are enough variations to deserve a specific model. How many come with LSR roller nuts for instance? If I said mah nutz broke, how would I go about specifying that without being more specific.

No need to be a bunch of assholes guys.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Maybe a result of action being too low? not sure what you mean. Maybe try raising the action slightly and seeing if that helps. If its new, you might just need to let the frets "settle" a bit.