Page 1 of 2
Here, we discuss thing that are seemingly Unexplainable by today's science. This thread idea was taken from this article on Cracked.com: http://www.cracked.com/article_16871_6-insane-discoveries-that-science-cant-explain.html

The one that i thought was the most interesting was The Bloop:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop

Discuss the different discoveries from the article and tell about other things like those
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
Guys, I just... just can't explain this thread...

In other news, I do find the bloop weird.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I think that this could fit into the philosophy thread. Trying to explain the unexplainable.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Another unexplainable phenomenon:

Dane Cook's popularity.
Last edited by blue_strat at Dec 15, 2008,
I'm pretty sure the bloop was just Cthulhu in his sacred house at R'lyeh.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by blue_strat
Another unexplainable phenomenon:

Dave Cook's popularity.

How about DANE Cook's popularity? He is one of the least funny comedians I ever forced myself to watch.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by darthteet
I'm pretty sure the bloop was just Cthulhu in his sacred house at R'lyeh.

Yeah, sorry if it freaks you out guys

Anyway, the giant balls of Costa Rica are probably just volcanic bombs.
um...morning wood?
Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.

Quote by Abunai X

Wtf are ass beads?

EDIT: Never mind. I googled them. That's disgusting.
Britteny Spears' ability to go completely mentally insane and still be loved by millions..
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by justlivin
Britteny Spears' ability to go completely mentally insane and still be fapped over by millions..

When you put it like that it's not only more truthful but also more explainable. I'm such a genius.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Zebra_Planet
um...morning wood?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturnal_penile_tumescence
Quote by justlivin
Britteny Spears' ability to go completely mentally insane and still be loved by millions..

Teenage girls are tools to the music industry.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Yeah, sorry if it freaks you out guys

Anyway, the giant balls of Costa Rica are probably just volcanic bombs.

They were handmade from igneous rock. I have a book by Arthur C. Clarke called Mysterious World (it's probably available as an ebook somewhere) which has information about them. IIRC, who made them isn't the only mystery- they also seem to move overnight.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
They were handmade from igneous rock. I have a book by Arthur C. Clarke called Mysterious World (it's probably available as an ebook somewhere) which has information about them. IIRC, who made them isn't the only mystery- they also seem to move overnight.

TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Quote by JRib1216

Give me a couple of minutes to find the book and type some excerpts.

EDIT:

My bad, wrong set of stones. I was thinking of The Moving Stones in Death Valley, But still, here's something to think about:

"A few of the balls... were made of stone possibly from the mouth of the Diquid River- a journey of at least 30 miles."

Take into account that these ares olid stone balls, weighing up to 16 tonnes. And these were transported through dense jungle.
Quote by JRib1216

I'm pretty sure that motion can be explained by current science, and so isn't unexplainable...
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Give me a couple of minutes to find the book and type some excerpts.

thats just....wow... =\
what else does it talk about in that book?
TABBERS WANTED
Women /thread
Quote by Bendybaws
Gentlemen please, lower your boners

I'm referring to the '...my girlfriends tits' thread

Quote by JackalUK
Kerry Katona
Victoria Beckham
Jade Goody

F-ing solve those ones...

my fingers smells of barbeque sauce after me putting them down my pants. even more unexplainable.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Seryaph
Hehehe

"Hey, vagina caves"

vagina teeth

heh, got ya there!
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
My favourite mystery, the Beast of Gévaudan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_Of_Gevaudan.
Basicaly it was a number of man-eating wolf-like animals that terrorized the former province of Gévaudan (modern day département of Lozère), in the Margeride Mountains in south-central France from 1764 to 1767.
I've done quite a bit of research over the years on this. That it happened is without question but what it actualy was is still really a mystery. It's been blamed on wolves but plenty of the witnesses to the attacks claimed they saw a beast the 'size of a cow'.
People had their heads literaly ripped from their bodies and the attacks were always carried out by a solitary creature.
Personaly, after much investigation, I'm inclined to think they could have possibly been bear attacks.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My favourite mystery, the Beast of Gévaudan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_Of_Gevaudan.
Basicaly is was a number of man-eating wolf-like animals that terrorized the former province of Gévaudan (modern day département of Lozère), in the Margeride Mountains in south-central France from 1764 to 1767.
I've done quite a bit of research over the years on this. That it happened is without question but what it actualy was is still really a mystery. It's been blamed on wolves but plenty of the witnesses to the attacks claimed they saw a beast the 'size of a cow'.
People had their heads literaly ripped from their bodies and the attacks were always carried out by a solitary creature.
Personaly, after much investigation, I'm inclined to think they could have possibly been bear attacks.

Or someone insane dressed like a bear?
Quote by SlipknotRule93
my fingers smells of barbeque sauce after me putting them down my pants. even more unexplainable.

I can explain it
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by JRib1216
thats just....wow... =\
what else does it talk about in that book?

There's loads- chapters are:

The Missing Ape Man
A Cabinet of Curiosities (Objects falling from the sky, The Devil's Footprints etc)
Ancient Fires (The Giant Balls, The Antikythera Mechanism etc)
Monsters of the Deep
Circles and Standing Stones
Creatures of Lakes and Lochs
Figures in a Landscape (Rude Man of Cerne, Nazca Lines)
Of Beast and Snake (Giant snakes, Cryptozoology)
The Giant Siberian Explosion (possible comet that struck Russia. Very interesting)
UFOs
Strange Skies (Ball Lightning, Bethlehem Star)
Giants in the Earth
The Dyatlov Pass Incident

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_pass_accident

The Dyatlov Pass Accident refers to an incident that resulted in the death of nine ski hikers in the northern Ural mountains. The incident happened on the night of February 2, 1959 on the east shoulder of the mountain Kholat Syakhl(a Mansi name, meaning Mountain of the Dead). The mountain pass where the accident occurred has been named Dyatlov Pass after the group’s leader, Igor Dyatlov.
The mysterious circumstances of the hikers’ deaths have inspired much speculation. Investigations of the deaths suggest that the hikers tore open their tent from within, departing barefoot in heavy snow; while the corpses show no signs of struggle, one victim had a fractured skull, two had broken ribs, and one was missing her tongue. The victims’ clothing contained high levels of radiation. Soviet investigators determined only that “a compelling unknown force” had caused the deaths, barring entry to the area for years thereafter. The causes of the accident remain unclear.
It had been agreed beforehand that Dyatlov would send a telegraph to their sports club as soon as the group returned to Vizhai. It was expected that this would happen no later than February 12, but when this date had passed and no messages had been received, there was no reaction, delays of a few days were common in such expeditions. Only after the relatives of the travelers demanded a rescue operation did the head of the institute send the first rescue groups, consisting of volunteer students and teachers, on February 20. Later, the army and police forces became involved, with planes and helicopters being ordered to join the rescue operation.
On February 26, the searchers found the abandoned camp on Kholat Syakhl. The tent was badly damaged. A chain of footsteps could be followed, leading down towards the edge of nearby woods (on the opposite side of the pass, 1.5km north-east), but after 500 meters they were covered with snow. At the forest edge, under a large old pine, the searchers found the remains of a fire, along with the first two dead bodies, those of Krivonischenko and Doroshenko, shoeless and dressed only in their underwear. Between the pine and the camp the searchers found three more corpses - Dyatlov, Kolmogorova and Slobodin - who seemed to have died in poses suggesting that they were attempting to return to the camp. They were found separately at distances of 300, 480 and 630 meters from the pine tree.
Searching for the remaining four travelers took more than two months. They were finally found on May 4, under four meters of snow, in a stream valley further into the wood from the pine tree.
An examination of the four bodies which were found in May changed the picture. Three of them had fatal injuries; the body of Thibeaux-Brignollel had major skull damage, and both Dubunina and Zolotarev had major chest fractures. The force required to cause such damage would have been extremely high, with one expert comparing it to the force of a car crash. Notably, the bodies had no external wounds, as if they were crippled by a high level of pressure. One woman was found to be missing her tongue. There had initially been some speculation that the indigenous Mansi people may have attacked and murdered the group, for encroaching upon their lands, but investigation indicated that the nature of their deaths did not support this thesis; the hikers’ footprints alone were visible, and they showed no sign of hand-to-hand struggle.
There was evidence that the team was forced to leave the camp during the night, as they were sleeping. Though the temperature was very low (around -25° to -30°C) with a storm blowing, the dead were dressed only partially, and certainly inadequately for the conditions. Some of them had only one shoe, while others had no shoes or wore only socks. Some were found wrapped in snips of ripped clothes which seemed to be cut from those who were already dead.
Journalists reporting on the available parts of the inquest files claim that it states:
Six of the group members died of hypothermia and three of fatal injuries.
There were no indications of other people nearby apart from the nine travellers on Kholat Syakhl, nor anyone in the surrounding areas.
The tent had been ripped open from within.
The victims had died 6 to 8 hours after their last meal.
Traces from the camp showed that all group members (including those who were found injured) left the camp of their own accord, by foot.
One doctor investigating the case suggested that the fatal injuries of the three bodies could not have been caused by another human being, owing to the extreme force to which they had been subjected.
Forensic radiation tests had shown high doses of radioactive contamination on the clothes of a few victims.
The final verdict was that the group members all died because of an “unknown compelling force”. The inquest ceased officially in May 1959 due to the “absence of a guilty party”. The files were sent to a secret archive, and the photocopies of the case became available only in the 1990s, with some parts missing
Some researchers point out the following facts which were missed, perhaps ignored, by officials:
After the funerals, relatives of the deceased claimed that the skin of the victims had a strange orange tan.
A former investigating officer said, in a private interview, that his dosimeter had shown a high radiation level on Kholat Syakhl, and that this was the reason for the radiation found on the bodies. However, the source of the contamination was not found.
Another group of hikers (about 50 kilometers south of the accident) reported that they saw strange orange spheres in the night sky to the north (likely the direction of in Kholat Syakhl) at the same date as the accident happened. Similar “spheres” were observed in Ivdel and adjacent areas continually during the period of February to March 1959, by various independent witnesses (including the meteorology service and the military).
Some reconstructions of the victims’ behavior suggest that they were blinded. The rescue team had seen that the victims broke damp and thick pine branches for the fire, even though there was good dry brushwood around.
Some reports suggested that much scrap metal was located in the area, leading to speculation that the military had utilized the area secretly and might be engaged in a cover-up.
Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Dec 15, 2008,
Nothing is unexplainable. We just don't have the knowledge to explain it yet.
Quote by Kensai
Or someone insane dressed like a bear?

He'd have to be a big bastard.

It was even said to have stripes, which kinda makes it sound like a tiger, but many of the descriptions sound more like a hyena than anything.
While researching this line of thought 'what could look something like a hyena but be approaching the size of a bear?', I found this picture.

It's a bear with mange, mange can also give a creature the appearance of having stripes with sections of bald patches around the body.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Dec 15, 2008,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Do we have the knowledge to explain how... A T-REX CAN EFFECTIVELY USE A KEYBOARD TO TYPE, EVEN THOUGH IT HAS TINY, TINY, INADEQUATE ARMS?!?!?!?!
I had a keyboard specially made...solved that problem. Still...

I can't reach to masturbate
Quote by SlackerBabbath
He'd have to be a big bastard.

It was even said to have stripes, which kinda makes it sound like a tiger, but many of the descriptions sound more like a hyena than anything.
While researching this line of thought 'what could look something like a hyena but be approaching the size of a bear?', I found this picture.

It's a bear with mange, mange can also give a creature the appearance of having stripes with sections of bald patches around the body.

Seems pretty close

But I'd take the size-bit with a grain of salt, eyewitness accounts hundreds of years are probably widely excagerated.
Quote by Kensai
Seems pretty close

But I'd take the size-bit with a grain of salt, eyewitness accounts hundreds of years are probably widely excagerated.

Maybe that's how the Bible came about.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by Kensai
Seems pretty close

Wolves don't generaly grow big enough to kill a person by ripping their head from their body.
People were also found with their heads and upper bodies crushed, so we are talking about something with considerably more strength than the average wolf, and one of the grizzly bear's standard attacks is to rear up on it's hind legs and bring its front legs down on it's victim with all it's weoght and strength behind it, Really large north American grizzlies have even been known to break the spines of Bison in this way.

Although it is worth taking into account that the average domesticated cow of those days was quite a bit smaller than a modern domesticated cow.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
That first link was awesome. Some of that stuff was amazing to read about.

EDIT: I found this to be really cool to read about. (I love this unexplainable stuff. :3)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event

Yay! Someone else who knows of the Tunguska Explosion!

I remember seeing photos of it for the first time- all the trees lying outwards from the central blast... was quite awing.
Quote by JackalUK
Kerry Katona
Victoria Beckham
Jade Goody

F-ing solve those ones...

Generic Tart #39859237
Nice lady with possible eating problems
Generic Tart #39859275
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Page 1 of 2