Which pedal, in your opinion, is the better delay for me? Im looking at the Boss DD-20 Giga Delay, the MXR Carbon Copy, the Boss DD-7, or the Akai E2 Headrush. I play classic rock, for my delay i want David Gilmourish styles as well as very prominent delay, Albert lee sort of stuff. If you have any suggestions also they would be appreciated. And a somewhat long delay time, about 1.5 seconds would be the best.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
And my budget is 250$ US.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
I personally like digital delays better, just because of the more adjustablity. So I'd say go with the DD20
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
danelectro danecho is amazing!! i regret selling it for £50 like a year ago..nothing has compared
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Depends on what you're looking to do with it.

The MXR CC will give you 600ms delay time - that's it.

It's really only between the DD-20 and the Akai Headrush E2 here. There's no real reason besides size to take the DD-7 over the DD-20. Pretty much comes down to your preference -I took the Headrush cause I pretty much only use it for looping. Don't get me wrong, the delays are great, but I have a few other delay pedals.

For you, I'd recommend the DD-20. Compare the Headrush and DD-20 side by side before you make your decision.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Lol...just wanted to point out that for the thread title I thought it said "Deadly Pedal Toss-Up"

Ok, so I might've been the only one to see it.
For $250 couldn't you get the Memory Man with hazarai pedal? I saw reviews on YouTube for it and want it bad, but I dunno if I can justify spending thaaat much on a single pedal.
it maybe worth for you to even look at the Digitech Hardwire Delay/Looper.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
What about the TC Electronic Nova ND-1?
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
Its Either between the Nova or the DD-20 now. Ill have to try them head-to-head sometime. How do they differ in size? The Damage control is 399 US and the Memory Man is 313, they're just too expensive. Thanks for the help guys and gals.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Ive seen both the DD20 and the nova in person and the nova is considerably smaller. I havent played either, only listened to sound clips and the nova wins in my book. besides, the DD is a boss pedal. Hope that i was of some help.
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
How does the TC handle overdrive? The drive will be somewhat heavy, I'm using my OCD with its gain cranked or very high most of the time, and when I turn my pedals on, I don't want to sound like ****. Thanks again.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
i don't think the dd-20 is necessary...i mean a delay is a delay. you set teh time and you stomp on it...the dd20 has like tons of knobs and modes for 1 thing: delay...i'd get the carbon copy or the dd-7...dd7 has more modes for a little more control but its not overboard.
Quote by SRVspeaks
Its Either between the Nova or the DD-20 now. Ill have to try them head-to-head sometime. How do they differ in size? The Damage control is 399 US and the Memory Man is 313, they're just too expensive. Thanks for the help guys and gals.

The DD-20 is about the size of two Boss stompboxes welded together.
The one bad thing about the the T.V. is the time. and to DBL93100 you're horrible wrong. Have you ever actually heard a delay pedal? Did you even read my post?
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Does anyone know how the Nova will handle somewhat high gain? an answer would be great. Thanks
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
I really like my Hardwire delay. I traded my MXR CC for it and never looked back. Great sounding delay and true noiseless bypass.
I'm pretty much decided on the Nova, I just need clarification as to how well it handles gain. Thanks
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Out of those I would reccomend the MXR Carbon Copy, but before you buy anything I'd definitely try and find a Maxon either AD-900 or 999 used. I just picked one up, best analog delay I've every played, the head-room on it is amazing, you can get anything from sweet trilling echoes to the long 'canyon' yell. Although if the Maxons are out of your price range BBE came out with the 'Two-Timer' which I've heard good things about.

Only thing wrong with the AD-900 is it isn't true bypass, I got a loop master with mine. G'luck man,

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by dbl93100
i don't think the dd-20 is necessary...i mean a delay is a delay. you set teh time and you stomp on it...the dd20 has like tons of knobs and modes for 1 thing: delay...i'd get the carbon copy or the dd-7...dd7 has more modes for a little more control but its not overboard.

im with this guy, even though im kinda biased because i own one
Quote by dbl93100

Depends dude, if you use lots of delay like me, even the DD-20 by itself isn't enough. My vote goes DD-20 for ease of use, great sounds, durability; etc. The Nova is very nice, but not as simple to adjust on the fly. Add an external tap tempo to the DD-20 and the controllability is top notch.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
I've got a Nova Delay and I play high gain, but I normally use my delay set for cleans. I will play it with high gain tomorrow for you and report back. No way to record though sorry. What were you looking for, like the shorter delay used for solos?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
i would recommend getting the dd-7 over the dd-20 for a digital delay if thats what your after:
-a lot less space (its bigger than two boss pedals put together, more like 2 1/2 or 3)
-taken the extra features of the dd-20 (that are dumb) and condensed them down to a lot more useful modes
-dd-20 has 23 seconds of delay, fun but after about 10 it gets beyond ridiculous, and only 20 seconds of looping time, the dd-7 has 5-6 seconds of delay which is all you'll need, plus 40 seconds of looping time
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I really want to be able to do somewhat long delay times, much longer than the CC can do. That'd be great if you could send some sound clips with high gain, as there are none anywhere to be found.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay