I have a squier deluxe jazz and its making a really loud crackling noise (through the amp). Help?

It disappears when I touch the hardwear.
Last edited by Spaz91 at Dec 15, 2008,
Had that happen for my AC30 and had to get the output tubes replaced.. take it into a tech and see what they say.
What amp do you have? I had a similar problem, and what i had to do was stay away from the bridge pickup (couldn't use it without having it sound like crap.) I also turned off the "shape" button on mine. My bass was active, too. And a sure way of at least reducing the problems it had was to change batteries. That made an enormous difference in the sound. Still sound like crap...
Equipment:
-Ibanez GIO
-Fender American Standard Strat HSS
-Acoustic Schneider Guitar
-ARIA STB-PB-DX Bass
-Vox VT50AD-XL
-Roland Cube-30 Bass
-Digitech RP-250
-Blue guitar pick
Proud Member of UG's 80's Rock Fan Club
Quote by Antis0cial
Is everything properly grounded?

thtas what i was gunna say sounds like the grounding wires loose or summin. cus ife when you touch the hard wear it goes away its cus your grounding it. so id check that. well sone to this man
I've checked the elctronics and grounding and theyre fine. The crackling is there when the cable isnt connected to the bass, Is it possible that its just a duff wire?
if you have another cable, try it
or you could open up your cable and check for loose connections and re-solder anything that's broken (if anything)

does it make sound when the cable isn't attached to the amp, i.e. only a power cable coming out of the amp?
-
-
--
---
-----
--------
-------------
Yay fibonacci!
Quote by capslockisnton
does it make sound when the cable isn't attached to the amp, i.e. only a power cable coming out of the amp?

Nope, I might take it back to the shop, the bass that is, and see if I can swap it for a VM Precision or Jazz cos I've tried them and I prefer them.
Quote by Spaz91
dont laugh... Kustom 20w

There's nothing wrong with Kustom

Is it there when you're not holding the cable? It could be a bad input jack that's moving around.
Nope, no sig here.