Page 1 of 2
Alexandra's version was really good. I've heard much, MUCH worse. She's a lass with actual singing talent. Get over the whole Jeff Buckley thing, Leonard Cohen's original was much better IMO.

And if you really think a facebook group is going to do the trick, you're probably very delusional.
Rufus Wainright's cover was better than the original, imo. Buckley's is good, just not as good as Wainright's.
I'm pretty sure Pete and Geoff from Absolute Xtreme radio were going on about that.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Alexandra's version was really good. I've heard much, MUCH worse. She's a lass with actual singing talent. Get over the whole Jeff Buckley thing, Leonard Cohen's original was much better IMO.

And if you really think a facebook group is going to do the trick, you're probably very delusional.

May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
It's an awful song, but that girl can sing. I hate Jeff Buckley anyway. Sooo boring.
The Cohen original was awful, it sounded like something you'd hear in a Vegas showhall. John Cale's version is my personal favourite.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Tim Minchins version is quite good, think it's only the live youtube one though. The original is still the best though, if anyone people shoud be backing Leonard Cohen for xmas number 1, mainly because he's such a happy old twat, suppose he gets the royalties anyway though
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Jeff Buckley's an amazing muician, but I really don't give nearly enough **** to buy whatever our sellin.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Say what you want, but in my opinion, Jeff Buckley's version is the most raw and full of feeling. Leonard Cohen is great for writing the beautiful lyrics, but to me, Jeff Buckley completely took the meaning of the song over. It also helped that he died, come on, that's never meant anything bad for a musician. Rufus Wainwright version makes me... angry? It makes me feel like he is making a joke of it. So definitely, Jeff Buckley's version. For me.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Geraldine Mc Queen FTW!!!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Alexandra's version isn't bad. Just glad that Diana bint isn't releasing it. All of her words mash into one big long sound. Eurgh.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

if you wasnt a mod..i would ask you to line up and get shot...she is cack :P
=BROLY - HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM=
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Totally agree. She totally deserved the win, and did a damn fine job of covering the song.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by fairycake92
if you wasnt a mod..i would ask you to line up and get shot...she is cack :P

Cack? Good luck in the music industry sunshine.
Quote by SteveHouse
rather have rick astley.
Rickenbacker 620
ltd mh-1000
Fender jaguar

tu-2>>FZ-2>MXR Flanger>Ph-8>Line 6 FM-4>DD-6

Engl savage Head.
black start artisan 4x12
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Ah, Diana "Look... my hand... LOOK AT MY HAND!!!" Vickers...

Diana what now?

....I know I shouldn't enjoy this but....

Teehee

>__>
<__<
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Did you not notice that thing she always did with her hand at every conceivable moment?

Tbh I didn't watch it because... well..... everybody who wasn't Alexandra or that bird who sung Purple Rain were a bit pap.

Most of my catch ups with X Factor were done so through Harry Hill >__>
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Well, he's banging Diana, and he got 3rd place. He was awful, and shouldn't have reached the finals. Too "Pontins" was the wee lad.

lucky bastard. anyway nothing wrong with pontins..they pay about 500 quid a night.
Quote by rock_star77
Jeff Buckley's version is the most raw and full of feeling

If it's not something that you wrote yourself, you cannot put your raw feelings into it.

Same way that an actor cannot literally become a character.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
If it's not something that you wrote yourself, you cannot put your raw feelings into it.

Wrong. Very wrong.

Sinead O' Connor's version of "Nothing Compares 2 U"

Nuff said.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by UncleCthulhu

Quote by blue_strat
Go for Rick Astley instead. See sig.

+1,000,000
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by IcedRth
good idea disgraceful that they did that tune.

Icwatudidthere
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.

I cannot believe that any of you serious musos actually have the ability to watch any of the cowell crap on telly.

Seriously, it's music for people who don't like music - how can you possibly watch that sh*te?????

Anyway, re the buckley thing - Call Moyles and get him in on the case - radio1 has the power
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by UncleCthulhu

There's so much wrong with this. Juts because you can't do it doesn't mean other people can't. I cover songs and put myself into them, I'm not saying they're as emotional as the originals, but for me they are. I prefer Buckley's version, it's so melancholy.

Also, I know actors who are characters, people who can fit into their characters so well that they're literally different people. I think it's brilliant, and I wish I could do it to that extent.

As I said before, just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's not possible.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
I downloaded it on itunes as soon as i heard

bullsh*t like the xfactor shouldnt be allowed to dominate the charts
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Quote by smb
It's an awful song

Yes,
yes it is.
*Two songs from my old demo, with my band Snakeskin in now in my profile. Feedback?

*Cockfoster
It's made the news!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7786171.stm

Somehow I doubt the Buckley version will overtake X Factor (with 150,000 copies sold already!) but I'd love it if they managed to pull it off.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Page 1 of 2