I am getting a new guitar (Gibson SG Standard or LP Studio) for holidays and might aswell upgrade from my line6 spider.

I need something to attach my pod x3 live to, so clean channel is a priority.
I have heard a lot of good about Orange Tiny Terror, but it seems it has better gain than clean.
Then there are fenders, which seem to have great cleans, but are more oriented at blues crowd (would that affect the pod?).

As for wattage, I am going to be practicing by myself, but being able to crank it up once in a while would be nice. I'm thinking 15-30w, but if the price is right, I am willing to go for any amount of power.
go Fender for sure, I suggest a Blues Junior
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Could you be more descriptive? Any particular reason why do you think particular amp would sound great with pod? Have you had a chance to listen to such setup?
Quote by Pov
Could you be more descriptive? Any particular reason why do you think particular amp would sound great with pod? Have you had a chance to listen to such setup?

well I only suggested the Blues Junior because it sounds great clean, I personally can't stand the Pod, but you would have a great clean sound ;P
Just try as many different amps as you can with your Line6 and see what you prefer
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Atomic and Tech 21 amps, best bet for live performances

I usually hate the sound through a normal amp

I highly recommend atomic but they are hard to find

I haven't tried Tech 21, but I've only heard good things about their products and company

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tech-21-Power-Engine-60?sku=600454
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Last edited by Exo M7 at Dec 15, 2008,
Try buying a poweramp (tube) or a PA system, that will work wonders!!! Good luck!!! Or you can try a Roland JC-120, I heard those take pedals well.
I really like the Valve Junior with my POD XT Live, but the 5 watts is a bit of a problem when gigging. I'm also considering the Blues Junior, but as soon as I can plug into a Peavey delta Blues i'm certainly going to try that before I drop cash. You need to try before you buy. The BJ and DB have some decent cleans and that's what your looking for, but like everything else you have to decide what you like.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
My problem with JC120s is that even though they do have a great clean channel, any sort of distortion sounds bad on them. To me, at least. I just don't think it's a good idea.

I don't like my Pod through my HRD, and usually keep them seperate. I bring the pod if I have a PA to plug into, and bring headphones or a small monitor for myself. I haven't tried a pod through a BJr. The Blues Junior isn't exactly the same as the HRD or anything, but it breaks up way quicker and is not as clean.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
I haven't used them, but Atomic amplifiers are designed to be used with amp modelers and even have docks for things like the POD and the V-Amp. I'd definitely check them out.

If you want to get an amplifier that could be used for playing without the board, you need to use something clean with a fairly flat EQ. Fenders are definitely clean, but they are pretty bright as well. I'm not sure where you could look for a good clean amp with a more mellow tone.
I've been looking for an atomic to try for 2 years and haven't found 1. If it's going to be something that hard to find I'm not sure i want to mess with it. Real curious as to how a Delta Blues will work with a POD.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
I've been looking for an atomic to try for 2 years and haven't found 1. If it's going to be something that hard to find I'm not sure i want to mess with it. Real curious as to how a Delta Blues will work with a POD.

Again, I'm recommending the Tech 21 PE...not hard to find in the least
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

V-Picks!
Is that Tech 21 Power Engine just a powered speaker? Kind of like a PA system so you could just run a POD through it without the need for any other amp? I mean whats the deal with it??
Thanks for the input everybody.
I will most definitely take a closer look at Tech 21 PE60 amps.
Any tech 21 stuff ive played is really top notch, really recommended.

Good prices to for what they offer.