Basically what the title says. An improvised solo-ish piece in the key of A over a backing track of some chords. I took the advice I was given on my last recording and made it shorter and made the bends better (hopefully). Any advice to make my playing would be very appreciated. The sound quality is pretty poor as I had to rip the audio from the video I made of me playing as my mic has died on me.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Ed+Hunter/

Cheers.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
Basically what the title says. An improvised solo-ish piece in the key of A over a backing track of some chords. I took the advice I was given on my last recording and made it shorter and made the bends better (hopefully). Any advice to make my playing would be very appreciated. The sound quality is pretty poor as I had to rip the audio from the video I made of me playing as my mic has died on me.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Ed+Hunter/

Cheers.

hey man not bad technique there, you just need to apply it in the right places your playing is like slow-fast-slow-fast. i think learning melodic slow blues like bb king will improve your phrasing. if you are gonna put fast pull offs in somewhere then build up to that gradually not up down up down all the time.

crit one of mine buddy (mainly jamming songs out to get the mix in the studio right but write back).
Quote by IcedRth
hey man not bad technique there, you just need to apply it in the right places your playing is like slow-fast-slow-fast. i think learning melodic slow blues like bb king will improve your phrasing. if you are gonna put fast pull offs in somewhere then build up to that gradually not up down up down all the time.

crit one of mine buddy (mainly jamming songs out to get the mix in the studio right but write back).

I had a listen to Meridian Riff. I liked it, it builds up really, really well. Where it breaks into the next riff is good but it did end a bit abruptly. I'm sure there's more of it and I'd like to hear the rest of it.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
yea the phrasing needs some work, i mean you can obviously play the thing, thats the first step, haha. But i think a lot of it sounded really similar, and that coulda been due to the quality too. Try to maybe keep in mind less is more sometimes...this seems to be real prevalent a lot of times in blues especially. Think of it like your singing, would you just sing non stop? Take a "breath"? I mean throw some breaks in there, maybe a short riff, rest, follow it up with another riff short or lil longer that kinda picks up where other riff left off, or "answers" the first riff i think of it sometimes. Then maybe find a way to build up into one of the fast parts, then maybe bring it back down, i dunno would make it more interesting for me. I'm no songwriting pro, haha, but just my take on it. Overall like i said tho, you can def play, and i see a lot of potential in it. Keep it up!