I bought an Ibanez RG this year. It came stock with Ibanez Infinity pick-ups, and I'm very dissapointed in them, so I'm looking for a replacement.

Tips? I want something flexible, I was thinking the Dimarzio FRED, assuming that's what Joe uses for te into sounds in this vid:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=to0qy_wIxTc

Can anyone vouch for say the Evolution or another similair pick-up?

Cheers for input.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
2003 was before he was using both his Mo' Joes, so that's definitely the FRED. Damn good harmonics and very individual vocal tone. I say get it.
The Evos are VERY clear; don't get them if you want your mistakes to be crystal clear. Cleans probably won't be as good as the FRED. Otherwise, they rock.
If you want other reccomendations, what do you want from your pickup and what's your budget?

And what amp are you using? If you don't like your tone, that's probably it.
Quote by Rock Pig

And what amp are you using? If you don't like your tone, that's probably it.

Well I have the neck pickup practically touching the strings and still can't get it to pick up most harmonics. Both also tend to go muddy with very little fight.

Cheers for the advice, and yeah my amp could use a change, I'm till using a Roland through a Digitech GeNex1 processor and occasionally a Cry Baby.

And my budget is whatever isn't stupidly expensive, as I'm still in the saving area of my plan, plotting what to save up to.

Quote by TheBurningFish
Well I have the neck pickup practically touching the strings and still can't get it to pick up most harmonics. Both also tend to go muddy with very little fight.

It's not worth trying to get harmonics in the neck position unless you have a particularly unusual pickup, namely a DiMarzio Air Norton. The FRED goes in the bridge on Joe's guitars.
Cheers for the advice, and yeah my amp could use a change, I'm till using a Roland through a Digitech GeNex1 processor and occasionally a Cry Baby.

Then it almost definitely is your amp that's the problem.
And my budget is whatever isn't stupidly expensive, as I'm still in the saving area of my plan, plotting what to save up to.

Damn, I was going to say Bare Knuckles ._.
Quote by Rock Pig
It's not worth trying to get harmonics in the neck position unless you have a particularly unusual pickup, namely a DiMarzio Air Norton. The FRED goes in the bridge on Joe's guitars.

Meant bridge, my fault.
Then it almost definitely is your amp that's the problem.

Is that assuming I was being thick with the harmonics?

Quote by TheBurningFish
Is that assuming I was being thick with the harmonics?

No, that's because in general a digital amp isn't going to offer you a great tone. Look into an all tube amp such as a Bugera or Peavey Valveking.