Page 1 of 2
At the moment, in History, we're doing about the Vietnam War. In our next lesson, possibly due to me mentioning Rage alot cos of the subject anyway, we're looking at the Vietnam War in Film and Music.

I've already been told that I'm free to take some Rage into school so we can play it in class. I reckon it'd be quite interesting to see the chavs reaction to it. They'd get confused, rapping with rock music aswell. :p

Anyway, what song should I put on. Bear in mind, it has to have lyrics about the Vietnam War in some way. I'd be surprised if Rage hadn't got any to do with the Vietnam War.
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
A crap little half-size starter guitar

Pedals:
Digitech RP90

Amps:
Roland Cube 30X
A cheap 10W
No offence but taking your music into school to see 'chavs' reaction's is a bit gay.
RULE BRITANNIA
I wouldn't say rage are to much of a good idea, get something released in the same era for a Vietnam song. All Along The Watchtower?
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
uuum, wouldn't music from that era be a bit more relevent than a 90's band singing about it 30 years later?
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
people of the sun.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Vietnam -> Vietnow.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Wake up, vietnow.

Originally Posted by Draekon

A song im very good at is Raining Blood!
"RAINING BLOOD! from a lacerated sky! Bleed is Horror! I bleed destruction, and now i shall REIGN IN BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Is that what he says?
My band did a cover of i think it was killing in the name of, and our singer did the "MOTHERF.UCKER!!!!!!" part and they immediately turned off all our sound and he got a saturday detention lol, it was awesome we were jamming so hard and sh.it hahah
Smart Pothead and Proud
Just so you know I was in a room with a teacher and other class-room refusing students and we were listening to the self titled album. The deputy head came in with an ofsted inspector, and pretended it never happened.

They still got a report MUCH better than they deserved as well.
honestly, i'd pick someone besides Rage. none of their lyrics are really exclusively about the Vietnam War. they throw in some random lines about it here and there, but none of the songs are specifically about it. at least none that i can think of.

Quote by Sonny_sam
people of the sun.

no. have you even listened to the lyrics? they throw in a line about being offensive like Tet, and thats it. it has nothing to do with Vietnam.
no! forget rage! they're commies!

listen ot commando by the ramones. that's normal music...

Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Jackolas
No.

may i point at tom morrello's guitar and say "need i say anymore?" ?

see it at the bottom?

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by boreamor
Tire Me. is right. Duh.

Thank you.

Unfortunately I'm gonna sig that.

What's funny is my name is a Rage song. lol.

And I don't think RATM are harcore commies.

One sticker, big deal. Prolly mostly for shock value.
Quote by Tire Me.
Vietnow, duh.

this
..>!>
Xbox Live: boxyG
PSN: boxyG
myspace.com/boxyG
Quote by Tire Me.
Thank you.

well fair enough, but i wont touch them.

i dont think they're music is that good anyway.

*runs and ducks for cover*

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
Machine gun, with spoken intro. Best vietnam song I can think of.
Elle moe is elle va.
u could pick a ton of music from the 60's 70's. but the only thing i can think of about the vietnam war is Alice in Chains "Rooster". i dont think its an anti-war song tho, just about his fathers experiences.

edit: recently
Quote by Tire Me.
Thank you.

A wise man once said, "RATM likes money".
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
Quote by MetalMegaMan

A wise man once said, "MetalMegaMan should order a nice frothy glass of shut the **** up!"

and yeah, play vietnow
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Quote by MetalMegaMan

that's why they're sh*it commies like the rest of the commies.

*leaves*

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
ok they arent communists, they're marxists and before everyone starts bitching saying that its the same thing, it isn't wikipedia that shiz.

on topic, id go for vietnow, war within a breath, or possible freedom
Quote by skaterkevin87
A wise man once said, "MetalMegaMan should order a nice frothy glass of shut the **** up!"

and yeah, play vietnow

They love money. And you can't deny that.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by SlipknotRule93
that's why they're sh*it commies like the rest of the commies.

*leaves*

...Your mum is a shit commie.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by cliff_em_all
They love money. And you can't deny that.

just because they HAVE money, doesnt mean they NEED it. i dont see them splurging on mansions and ferraris and nice suits...they stand for what they believe in, wich is why they make the music that they do, so lay off RATM of your here to flame them. i haven't seen you do anything as good as they have.

ON TOPIC:
war within a breath has a quick reference to vietnam i think?
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
Quote by bendystraw
Do i cum blood.

you do not cum blood.
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
Quote by Tire Me.
Vietnow, duh.

This, obviously.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Play uhh... Machine Gun by Jimi Hendrix.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
By the way, my teacher will be taking a bunch of music from the time, so i don't need to worry about that.

And I'm not taking it in just to piss off chavs, I'm taking it in because a) I like them and b) they're related to the Vietnam War in some songs. I just thought that seeing the chavs reactions would be quite funny.

And I obviously thought of Vietnow, but despite having a very suitable title, the lyrics aren't really about the Vietnam War much and also I don't think my teacher would approve of the mass of swearing in the verse bit.

Thanks for the suggestions so far by the way.
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
A crap little half-size starter guitar

Pedals:
Digitech RP90

Amps:
Roland Cube 30X
A cheap 10W
Quote by daytripper75
honestly, i'd pick someone besides Rage. none of their lyrics are really exclusively about the Vietnam War. they throw in some random lines about it here and there, but none of the songs are specifically about it. at least none that i can think of.

This actually.

I'm currently listening to some Phil Ochs, if you were cool, you'd take in Talking Vietnam instead by him
ummm idk maybe try some 60's bands that were singing about it when it happened?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Page 1 of 2