I was carrying my crate v18 out to my truck yesterday and i dropped it. When I tryed playing it, it wasn't working right at all. When I use any gain on the amp it starts to crackle when I play any lower notes, so I'm limited to only the first four strings. It doesn't play clean at all.
I don't know much about modding or anything so I can't really know what's wrong, but I'm thinking the pre amp tubes got messed up. I'm probably going to take it to a shop later today, but I wanted to see if anybody could give me some info on it so I have an idea of how much it'll cost and what to explain to the guy at the shop.
Guitars
Gibson SG '61 Reissue 'Aretha'
Fender MIM Strat 'Rosy'
Takamine EG 332c 'Betsy'
Epiphone G-400 'Lucy'

Amps
Crate V-18 1x12
Roland Cube 30x

Pedals
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Double Muff
Line 6 Echo Park
you might have just had a preamp tube come unseated. Have you tried pushing them in real good?

you can also buy a couple of preamp tubes yourself and swap one in and out. I'd at least do these things before paying anyone anything.
Symptoms of bad tone point to.... a microphonic preamp tube.

Next time you're playing the amp, GENTLY tap each preamp tube with the eraser end of the pencil and see if you hear any odd noises from any of the preamp tubes.
What does it mean if I do hear odd noises from the preamp tubes.
Guitars
Gibson SG '61 Reissue 'Aretha'
Fender MIM Strat 'Rosy'
Takamine EG 332c 'Betsy'
Epiphone G-400 'Lucy'

Amps
Crate V-18 1x12
Roland Cube 30x

Pedals
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Double Muff
Line 6 Echo Park
Quote by rhcpjhlz
What does it mean if I do hear odd noises from the preamp tubes.

Basically that you'll need new tubes.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.